1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Titegroup powder...Anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by famill00, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I was wondering if anyone was using Titegroup? I like how it looks on paper. I have been loading clay dot, but am almost out. I like the fact that I can load up to 155fps with titegroup, which I can not do with Clay Dot. with Clay Dot the limit is 1200. I would like to have a little quicker load to shoot handicap than 1200fps. What has been your results with titegroup powder?

Thanks,
    Forrest Miller

2. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Anyone?

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Since I use Titegroup for light handgun loads, It was natural to try it for 12 ga in my 24 gram and one ounce loads. I thought it performed exceptionally well and was very clean.

I used 20 gr for 24 gram loads, and 18 gr for one ounce loads. I loaded AA hulls and primers, with the WAA12L wads for 24 gram loads and WAA12SL for the one ouncers. After about 50 years of loading my own ammo, I like bulky powders, so I went back to them. If I only loaded AA hulls, I might consider Titegroup. I mainly load Riefenhauser hulls, which like bulky powders.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Titegroup is dense, you may find your wad coumns to be a little short.

I use it and like it just fine. I use the loads off Hodgdon's site.

HM

5. serjon

serjon TS Member

I have been using Tightgroup for about two years now with no problems. It burns clean, never had a problem, even in cold weather. I use Remington TGT12S wads and reload both 1oz and 1 1/8 loads with it.

Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

titegroup in cold weather