1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???Titanium Choke Tubes - Why???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotslinger, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotslinger

shotslinger Member

I am considering the purchase of a K80 Trap Gun. There is an option with this gun to get Titanium Choke Tubes. Does anyone know the advantages/disadvantages of these titanium choke tubes versus the standard choke tubes?? Your reply would be really appreciated. Thanks

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Steel tubes, particularly the ones with the knurled ends like K guns, are heavy. Titanium reduces the weight by 40% or so. It will keep the gun more balanced in the center for better barrel control. They also cost a ton and the manufacturer makes a good lick on them ...

Are they worth it ... only if you think so.

Bob Schultz

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

People are dreaming if they think they can feel the difference in balance. The same people that think a Spolar load will break more targets than a shell loaded on a MEC probably opt for titanium chokes. :)

4. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

The difference in weight is so slight that it is inconsequencial.
    It's a way to get you to buy new tubes when you don't need them.
    I.e.: marketing gimmick.

One more thing: ti is much softer than the stainless steel commonly used for tubes...so it can be damaged more easily. I see no value to a ti tube.

5. eperry

eperry Member

I had the factory chokes in my K-80, and then got a titanium choke and it patterned much better. As far as weight, I did not notice a difference. Also are easier to remove.

6. KRK32

KRK32 Member

If you look inside the Ti tubes the ramp is almost double what a steel one is. I do think they throw a better pattern due to that. A good piece of advice is get the steel ones that come with the gun find the one you like the best in the steel then replace that one with a titanium tube then you can save a few bucks and use them toward shells or replacing the tractor tread pad. Kirk

7. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I shot a lot of patterns through them on my K-80 trap special this year and they were very good. They were very even with no tight spots, I was very surprised how even the pattern spread was.

I never compared them to the steel tubes.

Terry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are titanium choke tubes better
extreme titanium choke 25 resriction smokes targets

titanium choke tubes

titanium tubes
why are titanium choke tubes better
why titanium chokes
why use titanium shotgun chokes