1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tired of Political-Moralistic-non Trap Cra*

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rdf59, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdf59

rdf59 Member

This is a site dedicated to subjects related to trapshooting. It would be great if each user of the site would refrain from responding to any subject that did not relate to trapshooting. It is not a political, religious, truck advisory or marital help site.

If someone wants to expound on some political, moralistic subject, force them to another site that encompasses their subject area ---- or let them run down to the corner bar and sit there and expound.

The two ways I can see the reduction of the non-trapshooting c**p is either 1. do not add a posting to keep the thread going or 2. the webmaster should delete all threads that do not have to do with the title of the site.

I apologize to those of you who like to post those non-related topics, but please seek a site where your subject is in the mainstream of that site.

2. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Nope, I'm not new. I have just grown tired of jawboning on non related stuff

3. smartass

smartass TS Member

If non-trapshooting threads bother you so damn much, drf59, why did you start this non-trapshooting one? What a textbook case of the pot calling the kettle black.

4. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Well sport, you've got a touch row to hoe if you think your plea will make ANY difference. Non-moderated (at least lightly moderated) open topic forums like this one are very much like a day at the trap club or the fly shop or the cafe or diner or water cooler or pub or any scene where folks gather to chew the fat. If this site was exclusively about trapshooting it would be the most boring site on the web. Now, it may also get a little too colorful sometimes but then you are the best judge of what you like to read - exercise your own right to NOT READ IT.
    Respectfully

5. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Do you think the Liberal politicians will try trapshooting, just once, before taking away our trap guns? Will they use 7.5's or 8's before signing the gun bans?

Is that what you had in mind? LOL

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    THEN DON'T OPEN AND READ THEM!

It really cracks me up how you and similar whiners constantly decide this website is your intellectual property, not the site owner's.

I'll make a better suggestion. If YOU don't like it, why don't YOU leave?

Feel free to start and pay for your own trapshooting board where YOU can make all the rules.

Further, I've observed over the years here that those whining the most about political posts are the same ones who vote for Demoncraps and think it's OK to ban some guns, as long as their gun is left alone.

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

rdf59, this has been hashed and mashed on many an occasion. The simple answer is to have the courtesy to mark your off subject thread marked "OT" or, in your case, simply don't open the threads that bother you. There's many a time that something valuable is learned by asking all your good buddies why your A/C doesn't work or why the Ford turn signals come on with the radio, or to find out if you should have shoulder surgery or whatever. You don't like them - Don't open them....breakemall....Bob Dodd

8. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Brian
    I don't open them and therefore, don't read them. I don't consider the site my "intellectual property." I do like the site because I learn a lot. I don't care to make all the rules. My comments were suggestions based on seeing a lot of non gun comments that would find better grounds on sites dedicated to such subjects.

Your observations about Deamoncraps misses the mark with this lifelong -- 50 years --- solid Republican and 2nd Amendment 100% supporter.

9. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Bob Dodd-- good comments and accepted.

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Question: Our club is getting new trap enclosures. What color should we paint them? Would the skeet shooters be good consultants re. the color scheme? If we hire a crew to do this, what will be the most fair way to determine if the workers are in this country legally? We are also curious if Cheney's Perrazi with which he had the accident will go into any presidential library? Do think the antis will be uptight over that potential display.

Oh, what was the question?

11. gotbass

gotbass Member

rdf59 you have had some good advice from long term posters, which I think you are not. Just like a trap club a little of everything makes it interesting. I suspect that you have some control issues. Good shooting. Mike

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

The fate of trap and other shooting is political by nature. In the end our fate as it pertains to guns in general will be decided in the political arena.

You better be interested and active in supporting the right people with you view on firearms.

No it is not a political web site but shooting is political.

Rock

Jim

13. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Rock -- I do agree with you -- that's an intelligent comment.

14. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

Posting here is like sitting at a table at the club. Lots of time spent talking about guns/shooting and, lots of time spent NOT talking about guns/shooting. People at my home club come from all walks of life. I can get advise on practically anything, talk about politics, get my house or car worked on and many other things not associated with shooting. This is just a bigger club (albeit, one with a lot more smarta$$es). If you don't like the conversation, you either change the subject or move to a different table. Don't take it so seriously. My $0.02

Shawn

15. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Intellectual property on a trapshooting site? ;^)

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Any website is intellectual property.

But yeah, it's hard to see that sometimes with threads like this.

17. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Hey, if this is a bigger club then who am I gonna get to work on my house?
    Jake

18. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Geez............The next thing you know, you'll be wanting to divide the threads up into "selling, buying, trading, bullcrap, and who knows what all.

Please, let's just leave it alone. It works!

Or in the style of Grammie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hauxfan!

19. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

rdf59 a change of lures is in order. They have quit hitting this one.

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

rd59; You are not totally wrong. But don't look for it to change. The self appointed comedians will continue to trash threads. Brian will continue to tell you to leave, which many have done.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.