1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips resurfacing target elevator on SuperStar Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sshotshell, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

Any tips on resurfacing the redish coating on superstar taps' target elevators?
    Thanks in advance.....Jerry P. Felice

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Jerry, Some one on the west coast had talked about dipping the old one in something. I was never able to get an answer as to what he/they did. Hopefully somebody will have the answer for you here. Off to start my new POI work, LOL. Good luck, Bob

3. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

4. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Jerry,
    Go to home builders or Lowe's and get the rubber coating material they use to coat plier handles and such.You dip it one time and you are ready to go. Be sure to clean the old stuff off the elevator completely.It comes in quart or pint cans.

Terry Dean

5. trapshootingfran

trapshootingfran TS Member

That is the stuff tool grip rubber. That works great I have done ours at least 3 times over the past 6 years. We have an extra set and keep them in rotation.
    Fran

6. Bob Hawkes

Thank you very much Terry. I hope you had a good Grand. Bob

7. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

Do bad things happen if you run them bare? D Winter

8. Bob Hawkes

Doc, The biggest problem is when they start wearing and sometimes flake or begin to peel away from the metal. At that point you can or should peel the rubber off but now you have a slippery surface that makes it harder to hold the target where it should be. We have the same issue on our Beo-Mat skeet machines. I believe that Shyda's will trade old elevators and give you refurbished ones for a reasonable fee. I'm looking forward to trying Terry's solution as you don't have to ship anything, just have a spare or two to work with. Shoot often while we can, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.