1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tinting My Prescription Glasses

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BamBam2K, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BamBam2K

BamBam2K Member

Probably 5 or so years ago i was at the Grand (it was still in Dayton at the time) there was a shooting glasses vendor there who tinted the plastic lenses in my prescription glasses. He just dipped them in the tint ( fantastic shade of orange/butterscotch) while i waited and there ya go. Anyways I've had to get a new prescription and was hoping to have the same thing done again it's been so long I have no idea who he was or how to get in touch. The only thing i remember was that he was an older gentleman and i thought he was from somewhere around Columbus, OH. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks, Perry

2. BamBam2K

BamBam2K Member

3. guncase

guncase TS Member

Guys name is Clarence ??? He sells Ranger glasses, is from New York I think. Look under Ranger dealers or someone on here will know his last name. Paul

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Clarence Willis

www.customsportwear-optical.com

5. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

have your own eye dr. do it. they do mine right in the office. dwain

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I went to an optical lab and they did it while I was there.It's like Easter egg dye, dip a couple more times for darker color.

HM

7. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Any good optician can do it.

8. BamBam2K

BamBam2K Member

Bingo t jordan..........thats the guy. Thanks for your help, I'm calling him tomorrow..........and trust me guys, no ordinary eye doc or optician can match this color.................

9. pa pete

pa pete Member

I agree with bambam! "Pete" McDonough

10. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Tell him I sent you and say hello to him for me. A color you might want to look at would be the strawberry red he makes.

I hit 98-100-100-100-100 in 16 yards in Missouri, 98-99-100 in doubles and 94's everyday in handicap with his Strawberry lens. That colour worked great a lot of times this year.

Terry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.