1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tinnitus study

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I've heard several shooters say that they were looking for alternate or new treatments for tinnitus. Merz is a German pharmaceutical company that is looking for U.S. recruits for a Neramexane clinical trial. The link above is for those of you who might be intersted in joining the study.

Keep in mind that this is a new drug and that there could be unknown safety issues. I am not involved with this company in any way, and am not advocating that you join the study. I am just posting it because my aunt has tinnitus and sent this to me, and I thought I would pass it on.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Thanks Dev. I've had ear ringn sicne a youth. It is not worse now, but I only have about50% hearing in my right ear. I'll look into this.Thaks a lot.

Jack

3. recurvyarcher

Hey, Jack. I hope it helps. Keep us all posted on the results if you join. I know a lot of shooters that are looking for a treatment that works.

4. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

The drug being tested for Tinnitus is Neramexane. It may also treat Alzheimer's disease. It is similar to Namenda. Interesting that I've never had an Alzheimer patient complain of tinnitus; I guess they forgot to mention it (LOL).

The US Military is running trials as well in Iraq on prevention of hearing loss due to gun and bomb blasts. No results yet posted. AJ

5. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Thanks recurvyarcher, I going to check it out.

i_shoot

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Thanks forpassing this on!

7. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Thanks for the post also. Ray

8. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

I registered for the study & got a reply that I wasn't eligible. Don't know if I lived too far away or what but was turned down.

i_shoot

9. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I did the same with the same results. I was just wondering why...but they don't bother telling you.

Rick in Mt.

10. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Recurvy, looking at the time you were posting on line, you really need more sleep.

Are you guys still planning on going to the South West Grand? AJ

11. recurvyarcher

Hi, AJ...

It's my hip...really hurts lately. I'm having it replaced as soon as I possibly can, but I'm in the middle of a job search at this time. It will have to wait for a while.

I don't know about the SW Grand. We would really like to go, but Martin has been extremely busy with his business this year, and his mom and uncle are both having age-related health issues. I'll let you know if we discover a way to make it, though.

We will definitely see you at the Grand!

12. recurvyarcher

That makes it worth trying to get there. I'll talk with Martin tonight and give you a call tomorrow. It's GOTTA be better than living like this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.