1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Timney trigger Sear Springs NEEDED

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotist, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotist

shotist Member

Does anyone know where I can get the sear springs that were included with the Timney Release Triggers? I bought one used with only the light spring installed. Looking for the other heavier springs to "speed up" the trigger.

Thanks
    Michael Plaxco

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Wouldn't the stock spring from Remington be a stronger spring? I would also like to get one

3. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

Yes, a fresh stock Remington spring should be adequate.

4. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

I have 2 Timney release triggers for a Rem 1100. The actual "sear spring" actually keeps the sear on the hammer. A new spring would not speed things up.

There are two springs that would speed things up though. A new Rem hammer spring, which requires a new hammer pin, will certainly speed up the hammer drop.

There is also a spring in the trigger houseing under the rearmost set screw. If you screw the set screw in, it will put more forward pressure on the trigger. The effort nessesary to hold the trigger back will increase, so it could be reasoned that when you even slightly relax you finger on the trigger, it will go forward which will cause the release hook to pull the sear off the hammer.

These things will make your trigger faster. Don't over do it on the trigger spring, for several reasons. Good luck! Shooter R

5. shotist

shotist Member

To Everyone!

Thanks for the info and help!

WOW, what a great Forum.
    Michael

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Have you tried calling Timney on Phoenix? 602-274-2999

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Wrong Timney triggers. These are rifle triggers. The Timney you're looking for passed away a few years ago.

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

No, I am correct in what I posted.

I was extremely close to the Allen. He put a Timney in my gun the morning I won the Vandalia Handicap at the Grand. We kept in touch for many, many years following. And, I deal directly with the folks who bought out Allen's business. I believe Allen was from Cerritos, CA, and the present folks are in AZ.

And, yes, Allen passed away long ago, but they carry a replacement spring. Click their website above and you'll see it. Then call them.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.