1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Timney trigger question (revisited)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I was taking a hard look at two timney triggers that I have for an 870. When comparining the two I noticed a couple of differences (other than the difference between a pull and release):

1) My pull trigger has a gold finish to the trigger itself, the release is just steel.

2) The hammer in the pull trigger has 2 holes drilled in the top cut down on weight. The release is just one big slot.

3) The slide release on the pull trigger is a steel finish and on the release it is blued.

4) Last but not least, my pull trigger has a single adjuster atop the trigger guard behind the trigger. My release has two small allen headed adjusters in the same place.

I have heard the term "serrated" talked about in concernes to the trigger blade, both of mine are smooth. Any help or info you have on the matter and wish to share would be greatly appreciated. Neither trigger is for sale, just wanted some info on what I have.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I did find out today from my gunsmith that my pull trigger is a first generation unit.

The interesting thing I found out about my release is that it has an overtravel limit screw. My gunsmith said that it was different than any other Timney release that he's ever seen. It has all the earmarkings for being able to be used in both 870's and 1100's. I'm going to try it in an 1100 to be sure.

Any other input would be appreciated.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Green Bay Wisconsin
    The one I have has the slide release set up to decock the trigger. If you used it in an 870 I am not sure you could unload the gun without firing it.

INteresting......NOw I have to borrow an 870 to satisfy my curiosity. Sheesh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.