1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Timney Trigger help needed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SARGE75X, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I got a Timney pull trigger from my son who was using it in a Remington 1187 slug gun. The trigger came with 3-4 hammer sear springs of different pull weights when he bought it. He installed the heaviest spring and cant find the lighter pull springs. I emailed Timney but they replied no more shotguns. Does anyone know where I can get a lighter spring. The stock spring from the factory trigger is again, heavier than I would like. Thanks in advance, Bill Sanders

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Try Wright's Gunsmithing. Stu Wright acquired a lot of Allen's parts and products.

Ed

3. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I emailed Wrights, yes they had the springs, he asked for my address, I came home and here are the springs and a invoice for the postage only. What a top notch shop.

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

That was very nice of Wrights to send you those springs for the cost of postage only.

About 12 to 15 years ago, I purchased a large package of various sizes of coil springs for firearms from WOLFF Gunsprings. There must be about 150 different springs in various sizes, lengths, strengths, etc. These springs are gunspring quality and not some cheap hardware store quality.

Since then, anytime I needed a coil spring for a firearm, I could usually find one in the package that would do the job nicely. Sometimes I may have to shorten one of them, but it's really handy to have such a big selection to choose from. I hate like the dickens to get in the middle of some project and then have to order some little part and wait several days or a week for it to arrive. In addition to the time spent waiting, the shipping often costs as much as the part does.

If you do much tinkering with firearms, you might consider purchasing the WOLFF Gunsprings package.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.