1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Timney Release

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 870, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Can anyone help with trying to speed up a Timney release for an 870? Looks like the adjustment screw behind the trigger is about it. I assume I tighten it up a bit and try it out?

2. Butler

Butler TS Member

I'm not 100% sure anymore, but I think the release speed was controlled with the springs, like I said not sure, but I think.....check it out. Jim Butler

3. alant

alant TS Supporters TS Supporters

Is this trigger a steel Timney made one or a converted factory trigger. I have a set of factory springs in various weights but the Timney triggers take different springs.

Alan

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The adjustment screw behind the trigger adjusts for overtravel only.

5. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Steel Timney.

I already discovered the springs are different in the Timney.

Skeet_man: I have not played around with it much yet, but when I left that spring behind the trigger out, the release didn't work at all. It just seemed to me it was putting additional force on the trigger and might speed it up if adjusted closer to the trigger. I can't find any info on these triggers and figured I could find some knowledge here. Thanks.

Guess I'll just have to get a Precision or a Roller Release and buy a gun to go around it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.