Trapshooters Forum banner

Timney Pull Trigger SX1?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  alant 
#1 ·
I'm looking at used SX1 at a local shop that previous owner had set up to shoot sporting. I have two stage 3 guns so I know what I'm looking except for the trigger.

The trigger on this gun has looks like a stage 3 trigger but has a nickel finish similar to some Timney 1100 trigger photos that I've seen on this site.

Did Timney ever make SX1 pull triggers? If so, what is quick way to identify?
Would a Timney in good shape justify a premium price over a factory stage 3 (SN 83xxx)?

Thanks,

Dave

#2 ·
Never seen or heard of Timney making anything other than Remington 1100/1187/870 triggers. He certainly never offered one that I saw on his website back when he still had one in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Any plater could have nickle plated it, really doubt it has ANY connection to Timney.

The big draw for Rem Timney triggers was that they were steel (instead of aluminum). Since the SX1 trigger is already steel, I don't see what benefit or necessity a different steel trigger group would have.

#5 ·
Big M, Shawn,

Good call - I'll pull the trigger and look for Bob's initials.

I never thought of him as I recall he used gold trigger shoes on his stage 3 conversions and since this was a late gun, it should have a stage 3 already. Still, you never know as this is a "put together" sporting gun with what looks like skeet wood, scrolled receiver and field barrel with choke Briley tubes installed.

Don't really need it, but the wood is nice.

Thanks for info.

Best,

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.