1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to water your cactus!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hap MecTweaks, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I've heard for years the proper time for watering your cactus plants is when you hear it's raining in AZ. The monsoon season is here now and it's raining! "Hope this helps?" :) Hap

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Hi Jim, I'm about 20 or so miles from the airport, it's a light rain out here in Vail. Some areas are getting pounded pretty good, kinda surprised me too how much rain fell. Here's a weather report I get daily here in Vail. Notice the monthly total.

Here is your daily weather report from VailAZ.com:

Temperature
    Current: 78.6 °F
    Change in the last hour: 1.0 °F
    Todays High: 92.3 °F - 01:16 PM
    Todays Low: 70.9 °F - 5:23 AM

Wind
    Current: 3.6 mph SE
    Gust: 4.0 mph SE
    Max: 20.0 mph WSW

Humidity
    Current: 72%
    Todays High: 86% - 5:38 AM
    Todays Low: 35% - 01:02 PM

Rain:
    Today: 0.11 in.
    Yesterday: 0.00 in.
    Month: 2.23 in.
    Year: 4.80 in.

Pressure
    Current: 29.312 in.
    -0.026 in./hr
    Todays High: 29.400 in. - 7:12 AM
    Todays Low: 29.291 in. - 01:42 PM

HappyNAZ

3. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

And from west central Tucson,

The guy accossed the street this week, has had three cacti die from the drought,

While I lost three due to much water, and I haven't touched a hose in three years!

Al

4. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

Mondo lightning storm with beau-coop rain here just north of Prescott. Had over 4 inches in the last week and many areas around here got much more. But, we are still in a drought.

Gene

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is no doubt it will rain here in the Valley of the Sun, I washed my truck and if that don't make it rain nothing will ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. kolar12

kolar12 Member

What happens when you wash your bowling ball???

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

My wife gets PO'ed because I use the dish washer to wash them bowling balls ... I tried to explain that its as much mine as it is hers ... She does the same thing when I use the washer and dryer for the garage rags ... Nice thing about it is she will get over it and if not thats not my problem ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I wash baseball-type caps in the dishwasher.

Just be sure not to put those shop rags in the dryer if they had flammable products soaked into them (fire hazard).

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hey, John...

I use the plastic frames. I use a fabric cleaner on the stains before I throw it into the diswasher. Actually, I use a carpet cleaner called "Stain Magic." You'll be AMAZED at the results.

10. BMC

BMC Member

When I was in Austin about ten days ago it rained more in one morning than it has here at home in a year. Our grand total for the year ending in June was 2.75 inches. Three years ago we had 44 inches.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Try "Natures Miracle" for stains in hats, shirts, carpet and just about anything else, the stuff works like Magic ...

I wipe the bowling balls off with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and Simple Green (50/50) and it eliminates the surface oils before they get a chance to be absorbed by the coverstock ... I use the same mixture when I resurface the balls to keep the coverstock good and reactive ... Oh, and do not leave the bowling ball in the dish washer during the drying cycle because you might crack the coverstock if the core temperature get to hot ...
    WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.