1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to stop complaining and start acting

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by TIPPEDWAD, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIPPEDWAD

TIPPEDWAD TS Member

Everyone has seen what is happening to this country of ours, and we all bitch
    to each other on the various posts and internet spots we have access to.
    Now it is time to start a massive mail,e-mail and phone campaign to these folks
    that represent us, from Obama on down, and let them know how we feel about
    things like torturing terrorists, the Soldiers and Sailors of this country
    paying for their own medical care, and apologizing for being America.
    It is time for them to stop blaming the previous administration for everything
    up to and including the Civil War, and get on with fixing some of the stuff that can be fixed without bankrupting us all.
    Don't let up on them--let'em know we are out there. Remember, when they get
    all done with all this stuff, we all know who one of their favorite targets
    is, us shooters and our guns.
    We need to stop preaching to the choir and let these people know that there
    are a bunch of us out here!!!

2. claybuster38

claybuster38 Member

Seems to be a bunch who want to buy ammo and powder and bullets. Now that we cant get anything-- I wonder why the manufacturers went alog with it! they must have been threatened in some way. Watch carefully the legislation they are going to cram down our throat. I cant buy powder or primers and it makes me MAD. Sacramento Calif. MARV

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Tippedwad: This has been discussed before. All I hear is contact your representatives. Well within the last year I contacted my elected representatives 12 times. ( 4 times each for my 2 US Senators and 4 times for my US Representative) The queries ranged from the budget, to the stimulus package and illegal immigration. Here are the results. One US Senator answered back 2 out of the 4 times I contacted him. The answer amounted to a bunch of political rhetoric as to why he voted with Harry Reid. The Representative reported back to me 2 out of the 4 times I contacted him. Same deal; political rhetoric on why he voted in lockstep with Nancy Pelosi. And last but not least was my beloved Senator Blanche Lincoln, (Arkansas) who has of yet to recognize my existence. Oh well she is zero for 4, so at least she is consistent. These people do not care. You only hear from them when they near re-election and then they crawl out from under their rock and promise the voters everything under the sun. This government is corrupt from the top down. They want power and control. You mean nothing to them except a paycheck. I might add the only politicians you hear from regularly are the likes of Barney Frank, Pelosi, Conyers, etc. They do the talking because their constituents will never vote them out. So they are safe being the mouthpiece for the other cowards. Contact my representatives?? Been there and done that. Ed

4. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

It appears we need a good terrorist attack in Washington D.C.,,,,,

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you write in to the local papers and whine about no response from the legislators you mwy increase awareness on the part of those who are not paying attention right now.

That could be a good thing.

Call in to the local talk radio too. Consider group action, many voices together would speak louder than singly.

I am beginning to think that a lot of people just are not informed enough. We have to start working on the next election NOW!

HM

6. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

While it is good and necessary to keep contacting our representatives in the government, they are not the real problem America today. The real problem is that too many of our fellow citizens have been brainwashed by the liberal medial, institutions of learning (schools at all levels) and various liberal groups. Unless we can change this liberal mind set of all too many citizens, the politicians in Washington simply won't listen. So while you continue to let the pols know how you feel, it is far more important to find ways to get the truth out to all Americans. Since few, if any, of us have access to or own newspapers,radio stations, or tv stations, the only realistic way to get the message out is through organizations like the NRA, the GOA, and other pro-rights, pro-Constitution groups. If you do not belong, JOIN NOW!! Get those you know to join. Support these organizations with your time and money. It takes money to get the messages out. Not a once a year few dollars, but regular support. I have been a Life Member, then Patron and Benefactor member of NRA for years, but I also belong to the Golden Eagles program and still contribute regularly. Contribute to the NRA-ILA also. If we do not support those organizations who can help sway our fellow citizens, we will lose. I realize it is hard for many, especially in these times. I know, I am retired and on a fixed income like many also. But this issue is vital to me, as I think it is for most of you. So I make sacrifices elsewhere to support those organizations who can do the most to educate the country, and help to counteract the propaganda machines.

Jim R

7. capvan

capvan Active Member

With the number of shooters/hunters, etc. out there, the membership numbers of the NRA are pitiful. I don't agree with everything they do or their methods sometimes, but overall they're trying to do what is right. JOIN!

If you're not a member, I'd be interested in hearing why.

Bruce

8. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Halfmile: Just yesterday a letters to the editor article that I submitted appeared in my local paper with the exact information I wrote in the above response I made to this thread. This Blanche Lincoln down here is running for re-election next year and is campaigning already!! Makes one want to vomit., Ed

9. 1881home

1881home TS Member

Sounds to me like we're closer than ever to a Revolution! I truely believe that is what we need to take this country back from the politicians. Fear from their jobs or personal welfare is all they understand. Letters go in one eye and out the ass! Where are all the state militia's that we had a few years ago?

10. drh08

drh08 TS Member

Careful blaming the younger generation people. Seniors vote in much greater numbers and Obama didn't get their with just the younger vote, there were a lot of older people that voted for him also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.