1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to stop acting like sniveling wimps...!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by davidjayuden, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Over the last week I have remainded quiet on the gun control furor which followed the school shooting. Partially out of respect, because it was the right thing to do, and partially because I felt like I'd just been punched and was still seeing stars. But that time has past, and it's time to get back into the fight. I have done nothing wrong and will not stand by and see my constitutional rights eroded.
    There are more law abiding gun owners in this country than there are those calling for disarming the citizenry. But they, like me, have been largely silent. The NRA has put out a plan, universally panned by the usual cast of characters (Rahm of Chicagoland, Bloomberg, the teacher's union, the CHINESE (!), etc.) But we can not plan on the NRA to carry the day and will all need to start right now making outselves heard.
    The Discovery Channel has dropped gun shows. Who is funding the Discovery Channel? They need to feel the pain of boycott.
    A politician is starting to see the need for gun control legislation. Have you called his/her office?
    Don't think for a minute that gun control legislation will be focused on the "other guys". That's what we assumed in the 80's just before the full auto ban. Don't wait until the protesters show up in front of the trap range.
    The time for posting pointed comments to each other on TS.com is over. We all need to start making ourselves heard.
    I'm in for letters to the editors in newspapers, boycotting business, and calling representatives, whatever is legal. Your suggestions are welcome. We need phone numbers and addresses.
    dju

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

DJU,

You may be on the right road. We just whined and twisted our thumbs knowing that the O man couldn't be re-elected...well, how did that work out. Our rights are under serious jeapordy and our guns on the line. There needs to be a new approach and a new motivation. If we remain the 49% who voted against O, we will loose our guns. I don't have an answer, but it is hard to believe that like thinking, intelligent, God fearing, conservative men and women comprise less than 50% of the population.

If you don't think the O man, Hilary and John Kerry won't give everything we have to the have nots....think again.

JON

3. davidjayuden

So how do we make ourselves heard? I'm thinking that CNN doesn't follow TS.com, so we need to go to them.
    dju

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Write you senators and congressmen also, I have many times and am ready to start some more

5. davidjayuden

Rick:
    I agree that NRA membership is an absolute must. However I don't know if we can count on them (alone) to carry our water this time. The media has whipped up public sentiment, and that public needs to hear loud and clear that they are not messing with just some miserable human debris, but some serious folks who are not only voters but who also spend a lot of money. Serious folks with facts on their side.
    So yes, by all means, join the NRA, for yourself and others, but don't stop there.
    Also, I'm not much of a TV watcher. Who are the sponsors the Discovery Channel? Regular commercials during the show I assume?
    And who are the formerly strong 2nd Amendment supporters in the legislature who are now "going all wobbly in the knees"?
    dju

6. Snidely54

Snidely54 Member

Finally! Something to feel good about. I've read and heard about all the "Woe be us" bull squeeze I can handle! We know we are right, and facts prove we are right! Every suggestion on how to get the message out is right on the money. Challenge libs on every count, and on every front! Learn, and be confident in what we believe, gun ownership is not only a right, it is a responsibility. Realized that libs do not think logically, they think emotionally, slam them with verifiable facts, and be prepared for an emotional, irrational response.

7. davidjayuden

Maybe we should attend rallys designed to whip up support for the anti-2nd Amendment crowd? Openly attend to discuss facts.
    dju

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Aye, aye. The respectful mourning period is over.

Suit up, gentlemen and ladies. Time to make the democrats pay for even discussing restricting our rights. Take no prisoners. Hit them at the ballot box. They touched the third rail, and it's time to give it to them, just like we did in 1994.

The low-information Obama phone voters won't be there for the mid-terms. It's time for the good people to take over, again. You've had your fun, democrats...now it's payback time.

9. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm buying one for my 4 year old grandson.

10. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

I will have two grandchildren born in january They too will have memberships. I feel that the politicans want to ban guns why dont they give up their guns and bodyguards to show their beliefs in their cause How many secret service agents go with the obozo show Maybe we charter busses and protest in front of the white house about 2 million shooters there should make a point

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What Buzz said. Don't forget the Political Third Rail. It is fatal to a politician's career. Send those chumps back to Private Practice (ambulance chasing)

12. SBray

SBray Active Member

I believe it is important to support all gun sports by at least belonging to the NRA. I do so and also belong to Gun Owners of California. In addition, I am a member of the four local gun clubs in my area, even though I seldom go to two of them.

Even though I know I am only going to get a spin letter response to my emails, I still believe it is important to voice my opinion about gun restrictive pending legislation.

It requires a constant effort to make sure those in government know they are supposed to be representing us, not just the liberal minded recipients of public entitlements.

I hope all of you will make every effort to be heard. This country's silent majority has been severely taken advantage of.

Steve

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

While the msm does not follow what many say here,,,,,most of their revenue comes from those advertising on their networks and buying ad in the print media. That is where you change what is going on. This is what the libs do and if we don't get the media to see it; call, write send to your email list etc and they may wake up.

Look at CTD,,,,,when they waffled the multitudes chastised them and were going to (and maybe still will) boycott them. That is what changed their mind in less than 24 hours. Most companies respond to a Board of Directors who are paid based upon profits.

Always remember it is the almighty dollar that drives us and them.....

14. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I agree with all the above, particularly BigdogTX. We need to hit them in the pocket where it counts. Make a note of advertisers on the lib media and let them know you are boycotting there products. Also, let the mainstream media know that you are tired of there lies, if only by ommission.

How is it the journalists have forgotten how and why the first amendment was created? As for hollywood liberal whores to the left wing agenda, let the advertisers know you will no longer be watching programing and movies or buying products endorsed by the losers.

Robert

15. davidjayuden

One thing that I've been told in the past is that legislators disregard electronic messages, possibly because of spam. Any info on that is appreciated. We need to deterimine the most efficient way to "be counted".
    And not JUST let the NRA speak for us.
    dju

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Darn, I thought this thread was about 548 and the rest of the liberal trolls.

17. tachyon

tachyon Member

My emails to Mike Johanns have been answered with reasonable answers, usually from a staffer. Sometimes it will be an obvious canned response but many times it is direct and to the point of what I am writing about. I use the form on his web site. After a few times he (or his staffer) would even reference earlier emails I had sent.

I know Ben Nelson is retiring but someone always answered when I sent him an email, A couple of times he would even reply personally and once he even called me to talk about an issue. I disagreed with a lot of what he said, but he was a second amendment defender (even shot trap at Bellevue one day) and would communicate with you.

Lee Terry has never responded to any email I have sent to him. I am told that he is revising some of his staff this year and is taking communications seriously.

Deb Fischer still has her campaign web site up and that is the only way to currently contact her.

18. davidjayuden

I don't know if these are the best, certainly not the very most up-to-date, but here are a couple of sources for contact information, e mail forms, fax numbers, etc. of representatives of all 50 states.
    http://www.conservativeusa.org/links/complete-email-fax-list/?/mega-cong.htm
    http://www.contactingthecongress.org
    It don't get no easier guys...
    dju

19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

DJU the contact information for all the senators and representatives are at the top of the main page on this discussion site.

In the forum information section it says contact your Senators/Representatives

Bob Lawless

20. davidjayuden

Bob:
    Thank you. Now if we can just put it to good use.
    dju

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.