1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to leave the UN?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by rpeerless, Jul 11, 2013.

1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/07/obama-commits-to-signing-un-arms-trade-treaty-while-congress-at-summer-recess/

Who or what is the UN these days?

'It' is not what it was originally intended from back in the days when kids in Halloween costumes collected pocket change for UNICEF...and when as kids we looked to the nobel cause of the UN with wide eyed wonder...to the tune of "It's a Small World," with kids in native costume dancing and playing in the background, aspiring to world peace.

Was 'Its' purpose to unite countries against its creator, its 'conceptualizers', in order to give rise to skeptical hard nosed opportunists who have made it what it is now?

If Lady Liberty leaves, then what? She leaves the boiling stew unattended. Not a bad idea for it will feed no one.

It has already united nations against US, or has it?

Like the mouse in the martini glass, I also say, "Bring on the damn cat." and leave the UN.

It is the meek who inherit the earth, and we are the meek, for we know the true agressors, all of them.

2. perezal

perezal Member

The UN has been nothing but trouble.

3. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

From what I have seen and understand about the UN, it was the starting ground for share the wealth, mainly our wealth being distributed to other countries.

The UN is a sham.

4. The Stive

The Stive Member

We should leave the UN and kick them out of our country. John

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The UN should follow the League of Nations down the crapper.

Both have been abject failures.

The UN lost cred when tiny countries ruled by tinpot dictators had equal voice and voting privilege with the giant industrialized nations.

The large sucking noise you hear is US dollars going to support a mainly lost cause.

HM

6. rpeerless

HM, yes, it was US dollars that began the UN at least that's what I understand and it was US that threw huge amounts of cash in long after it was established as well.

The purpose was to aid other Nations to become more like us so as to limit immigration into this country.
    i.e. You can be like us at home if you work at it and the UN is there to help.

World Peace. Fail. Immigration. Fail
    Fail. Fail.

And we are still throwing money.

7. rpeerless

Which one? The author of the preamble or the authors of main body of the document? From what I read the Preamble was written by Jan Smut while the body of the document was written by reps from Great Britian, US, China and Russia.
    Or were you referring to Teddy Roosevelt's part in the beginning and financing?

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The UN: a waste of money, time, and oxygen.

9. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Are any of you here aware that the original plan for the UN headqurters was set to be Grand Isle (Island), New York? That is an island in the Niagara River between mainland New York and Ontario Canada. It was to be part of a UN complex that also had UN operations on nearby Navy Island which is Canadian owned. The islands were going to be seceded to the U.N. for as long as the U.N. was in place on the islands. When the U.N. moved or ceased, the islands were to revert to New York and Ontario. I was actually on Grand Isle a couple of days ago.

If I recall something I read a few years back, the plan fell apart because Grand Isle (Island) was considered too rural and difficult to get to. The people involved wanted the amenities of the big city environment and all the entertainment and transportation it offered.

10. drgondog

drgondog Member

The UN is a place of great mischief against US interests. Our failure to veto on the Security Council spells doom for Israel as an example.

Aside from that I would rather just say No to more funding -

11. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

The John Birch Society was Right. In 1955 we should have thrown the UN out of this country.

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Leave????? e should have beem out of it at least 25 years ago. Bulge.

13. rpeerless

http://www.libertynews.com/2013/07/united-nations-aims-to-rebrand-illegal-immigrants-as-irregular-immigrants/

Well considering in the USA, an industialized nation, the term "irregular" connotes not first quality, or factory second that makes things interesting.

Having 'irregular' immigrants is certainly not in our Nation's best interest.