1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to get a new shotgun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by biff, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

Nothing will put a smile on a trapshooters face than a new gun, unless it is winning an event at a big shoot! I've got my new gun, my secret weapon for destroying clay targets with it's adjustable choke( no more carrying a pocketful of thinwall Briley tubes),10 pound trigger pull and sleek new look! Been saving up a long time for this baby! Biff

2. biff

biff Active Member

Fits like a glove!

3. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

I used to hunt with a guy in SE PA who used an old Mossberg bolt action shotgun & he was a dead eye shot and fast to down the second bird (or hit rabbit #2) even with the bolt action. I think is was 16g however.

Is this a Mossberg?

4. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i'll give ya $200-- you are canting the gun and the beads dont line up-- you better sell it to me - it is a nice looking gun tho!!

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

As soon as you put a scope on it you will be shooting straights, one after another. HMB

6. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Biff Nice hat how much for the gun & hat? Bluedotman.

7. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

My grandmother has one of these in her house leaning up against the wall near her nightstand. She is 89. She says its mine when she passes but wants to keep it cause "I never know when I might have cause to need it with democrats and such roaming about". She is a tough old bird from Western NC. God knows I wouldn't cross her. RICH

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Nice gun Biff. I expect to see you at the Dixie with it and in the winners circle.

Don

9. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Biff;

You and that gun were obviously made for each other. You are fortunate to have found it.

bluedsteel

10. biff

biff Active Member

You'll know it when it happens, it was almost love at first sight! I knew when I first laid eyes on this little beauty with the 3" chamber, it was destined to be mine. I just couldn't keep my hands off and before I knew it I was unbolting it over and over(I was thinking in my tormented mind =doubles= ). I walked off twice trying to talk myself out of it, went over and sat down and tried to cool off! I started back to the table where it lay(yes it was a gunshow shooter, but I'm not above that) and turned to walk away never getting to feel it in my arms.......But when I got back to the table I had the money in my hands, both of them!!!! We left immediately, I couldn't wait to get it into my car; Oh how I wanted to shout it to the world that we "who were destined to be together...forever" were now ONE!!!

They say you only really have one GREAT love in your lifetime! It took along time, but fortunately I found mine....finally. Snapshot felt the gun and I needed a little something, so SHE bought me the hat! Thinks I should shoot in it also....be easy to find me at a big shoot! I know it's going to be a long winter for some of you and I hope you find yours.....it's time to find a new gun! Biff

PS: Don, it's too cold at the Dixie, I bout froze to death there, I had to go north to get warm, but good luck shooting down there, I hope you win big!

11. biff

biff Active Member

Neat thing about this shotgun, you can be at a shoot and no one will know you are there...the camouflage is perfect for being incognito, especially if you don't shoot well! Somehow I knew I may need this next year! Biff

12. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Biff,

I like the hat more than the gun! That is one awesome looking "pimp" hat! Tell SnapShot that shed did well.

Merry Christmas,

Matt

13. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

biff-do you have electricity in your house--- in our area, people who wear that hat , dont!! and also wear suspenders!!! no disrepect intended!!- i love it--& i just cant grow a beard.

14. biff

biff Active Member

Thanks for the compliments on my new to me hat! As to the suggestions I was PM'ed: #1No I will not get a second one like this to cover anything else up with! #2. I absolutely will not attach a chin strap to this hat...it looks great as it is and by chance if it blows off my head, we'll all shoot it me included!!! Biff the man with the hat! That's what they used to call Lester Flatt!

15. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Cant doesn't matter. She's a keeper. Hi Biff!

Joe

16. curly1946

curly1946 TS Member

Hey biff bring that sweet baby up to Ill.,and we;ll take her over to Litchfield ought to work good at the 40 yd. line with that 3 inch chamber. Merry Christmas, curly 1946

17. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Biff,

Were you in the movie "Deliverance"? I have seen this look down in the mountains where I grew up. I like the invisible adjustable rib that you have on the gun. Should help you acquire the target much faster. By the way,the gun is not canted , your body and head need to be twisted more.

Charlie

18. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Nice ughhhh hat Biff!!!! Have you patterned that sucker yet! Birdtracker

19. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Biff; I am somewhat STUNNED that you are with a non-Ljutic!! And I thought you 2 were forever joined. Merry Christmas, and good luck with that hat and gun combo....merlyn......

20. biff

biff Active Member

Merlyn, sorry to get back so late, but have been out looking for some face paint to match my new gun.....I'm not supposed to reveal anything, but could that just be a new Ljutic Prototype? Besides I really wanted the "Bear Bryant" model hat but Snap said she couldn't find that model! And can you believe she said she found this one in a Thrift Store, heck I thought she got it at Neiman Marcus! Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.