1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Time For Rules For Challenge

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Quick 1, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

With less than two weeks before the Grand starts, I think it would be nice to see the official rules for the $1oo,ooo.oo Challenge published on the ATA web site. I would like to read the official rules rather than to depend on hearsay on the internet. It almost looks like they are going to make up the rules as they go!

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

The only rule that matters:

Win at least one hcp event out of four minimum entered using factory ammo from your assigned yardage, or have your name randomly selected from the pool of all shooters who have entered at least four handicap events.

That's it.

Guy Babin

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

So you need to shoot a minimum of four handicaps with new ammo and win one or have your name selected .

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Wa-la!!!

Concise & to the point. You are a smart boy ALF-99.

Guy

5. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

The ATA should have in print the yardage you shoot the Challenge from. The yardage you shot to win the qualifying event or your new added yardage.

6. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

if there is a 200 bird hadicap event and you break 97 the first 100 you shoot the second 100 from you new yardage.

so if you break 97 in the grand american you will shoot the special event from your new yardage. its in the rule book.

7. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

$100K Grand American Challenge Details!
    The Amateur Trapshooting Association is proud to announce the first ever $100,000 Grand American Challenge courtesy of Bill and Lee Ann Martin! Competitors in the Grand American World Trapshooting Championships will have a chance to compete for this "winner-takes-all" purse on Saturday, August 14, 2010. During the Grand American, nine Handicap events will take place and a qualifier of each of those events will have a chance to shoot-off for the $100,000 prize. To qualify, shooters must also participate in at least four handicap events at the Grand American. The last shooter standing will walk away with it all!

A shooter who has competed in at least four handicap events will be chosen at random on Saturday just prior to the $100,000 event to come from the crowd to join the challenge and have a chance at the $100,000; so make plans to stay until the end of the Grand American!

8. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

I just read the "rule" in the Grand program. 3 sentances total. " The last shooter standing will walk away with it all."

So all the winner has to do is keep shooting till the other 9 contestants either sit or fall down?

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

If Mother Nature wants to play wobbly clays Saturday evening, this thing could be over in 25 targets!

Hap

10. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Kemper, so where does the shooter shoot the challenge from? His assigned yardage where he won from, or from the yardage he earned? Share some wisdom with us.

Gne J

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Quick 1, et al,

OK, this is not too very challenging, or at least shouldn't be..........

Kemper, read the program.... there are no 200 target hcp events.

Win an event, ya get yardage—ATA rules.

While it is not emphatically stated yet, I'd bet my paycheck if you win an event you will have to shoot for the bucks from the new yardage, just as you would in subsequent hcp events without the special shoot off.

Why worry about the details? The biggest challenge is winning an event, or being lucky enough to get your name dawn.

It will be fair, the rules clearly stated, and will conform to established ATA rules.

Besides, the eligibility to compete for the bucks costs absoutely nothing—so there’s no risk.

I’d worry more about keeping my head down and breaking one target at a time if I were you.

Guy B.

12. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

it was an example of earned yardage, i know there are no 200 bird events.

barry kemper

13. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Quick1 Once you make the 27 yard line you don't have to worry about yardage any more.

14. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Quick1 Once you make the 27 yard line you don't have to worry about yardage any more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.