1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Time for new lenses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kiv-c, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Well, it's time for my annual eye exam (actually it's been 3 years...), so I guess I'll take the opportunity to treat myself to some new prescription lenses for my shooting glasses.

I've come to the conclusion that progressives don't work for me very well when shooting (Hey, it's a good enough excuse, right?), so I want to get single vision lenses for that.

My question is, should I ask the eye doc to test and set a prescription for a specific range or distance, say around 30 yards?

Kiv

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Bud Decot told me and my wife many ago what to tell the Eye Doc.

Quote: "Tell him or her that you want to be able to see a fly on a bull's ass at 50 yards".

My doctor understood completely!!

Curt

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I shoot ok with progressives but last year I had a pair made with slight distance correction in a light violet colored lens color. I love em for shooting.

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

kiv,

you have a PM.

Matt Woodson

5. BBob

BBob TS Member

I went with distance contacs and non-prescription Decots, frames and three colors. Ten times better than shooting with my progressive glasses! Bill

6. otnot

otnot Active Member

I tried contacts but due to the blinking it caused I just recieved a set of percription lenses from Decot and I have to say the world has not been this clear in years. I think 2010 target year is going to be much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.