1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Time for Good-bye

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Andy Moreland, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Moreland

Andy Moreland TS Member

Wife and I bought a sandwich shop last year on Phuket Island, southern Thailand, figuring to retire there some day. We've been planning this for a while; now we're going to retire a little early and let the world's tourists and the US of A provide our retirement income. Everything we need to furnish a house is on the container ship on its way to Thailand and everything else gets auctioned after we leave right after Thanksgiving.

This country is just headed in a direction we don't want to go. The government doesn't work any more; no matter who's in power its just a hoard of selfish special interests collecting paychecks from taxpayers and doing nothing for them. Industry keeps turning out over-priced junk and then crying when people can't or won't buy it. And business, what can I say?? Then government steps up and hands out money that should be used to improve things for the people and just helps the whole insane process to continue. I'm afraid that Obama's plans... more powerful unions, more government control of the financial system and LOTS more government spending... will guarantee higher prices and slimmer savings for everybody, especially the growing part of the population that won't be getting those raises every year. I also expect that more companies and more jobs will jump ship in the next few years, but we're not going to be here to watch it and we have no plans for coming back to it no matter who gets elected to replace Obama.

Look us up if you ever get to the southeast beaches on Phuket Island. We're in Chalong in the Chalong Fisherman's Park just north of the town center and up the street from the police station, green store front. Ask for Khun Andy and have a meal on us.

I've enjoyed reading this forum. Good-bye and good luck to everybody!

Andy Moreland

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Save us a spot...

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Good luck in your semi retirement Andy. I hope nothing but the best for you and the Mrs!

ec90t

4. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

How do you pronounce Phuket??????? just curious,,,,

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jim,

Just like its spelled and yes thats it ..!!!!!! How do you spell si-in-ara ..?
    WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Good luck Andy. Are there any trap clubs there?

If you have a computer there, no reason you can't stay in touch with your shooting buddies on Ts.com!

Wish I could go. Would BBQ do well there? Any room in the back of your sandwich shop for us?

milt

7. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I have thought about moving to the Philippines myself.
    Don

8. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Might you have talked to Khun Woody about that shoppe. Did you buy the one in Patong Phuket or Chalong Phucket or Laguna Cherng Talay Phucket. How about the bakery and have you taken over the askwoody.com site as well? Good luck. LOL

9. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

This is what is happening because you voted Democrat or Republican . You get back now a NON-PRODUCTIVE , NON-ACCOUNTABLE , CORRUPTIVE GOVERNMENT that doesn't care about the people and only worrys about their job and pocketbooks .

10. atashooter

atashooter Member

Thailand???... OH luv U long time five dollar....

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Phuket, I think I'll quit too...

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Watch out for those tsunamis.

13. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Only rats jump ship. I'll stick it out and fight if need be.God Bless America!

14. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I'm with you Duckhead, damned if I am giving up. The U.S. may have a sorry pres elect, but that will change (I would imagine) in 4 yrs. I am still proud of this country, and have no intention of defecting. I personally take offence to Andy's stated reasons for leaving. Sorta sounds C/S to me. J.W.

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Aprox how much are the start up cost on an investment like a sandwich shop in that area? Not to be nosey but I have always thought it would be exciting to semi retire to the tropics.

shannon

16. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Samuel Adams

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

No matter how bad it may be in the good old "USA" it's still 1000% better than anywhere else on earth. Would you mind taking Baldwin with you?

18. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

"The CIA believes progress has been made in curbing Al Qaeda’s activities in the Philippines, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and Iraq."

Don't forget to pack some "protection".

19. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

America will continue to deteriorate and nothing, nothing can change it. It can be traced to the civil rights movement and the feminist movement that followed it. Once government got it's foot inside private business and private organizations and started the left-wing brainwashing in our schools along with the government programs for single women and their bastard children we were started on an irreversible decline. Millions of abortions, welfare, government housing, affirmative action quotas and political correctness are all outgrowths of the feminist & civil rights movement. Even the flood of immigration is our answer to the death of the American family. Our saving grace is we towered so far above the rest of the world that we can fall a long way and still stay ahead of almost any nation on earth. For a while anyway.

20. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Highflyer, your insight is amazing. If only we had not given women and minorities the vote and legislated equality, things would be so much better.

Who in their right mind would think that all humans, regardless of their sex or race, should have equal rights under the law. What a concept. The beginning of the end for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.