1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Time For A Third Supplier

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flskeeter, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flskeeter

flskeeter TS Member

I called Briley and Kolar today about getting custom sub gauge tubes put in a gun and it is a 6 week turnaround for each company! If you want to have a gun tubed, you send it in and they keep it for 6 weeks before they ship it back to you. That's a long time to go without your gun. Neither company was the least bit apologetic about the delay. Take it or leave it sonny. Maybe we need a third company to set up shop. They've been making tube sets since Hector was a pup. It ain't rocket science. Maybe the prices would come down too with more competition.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

A good product is always in demand. Sometimes quality comes at the expence of time. They may also be adhearing to the philosophy of: Under-promise and Over- deliver. You will always look like a hero if it gets done quicker than was stated. On the flip side, if it takes longer your an incompentent ass!

ec90t

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

bad time of year,,,,everyone who dragged their feet and now wants to get a gun tubed before the upcoming season has guns in. Right now, and right after the World are probably the busiest times of year for both companies.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

What's the old pick two out of three trifecta? Cheap, fast, good, pick two.

Eric

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Give Wright's Gunsmithing a try. If they do that type of work, Stu will do everything he can to meet your needs.

There really is no "slow season" for good gunsmiths. Shooters who preplan maintenace and updates keep them busy through the winter and once the tournament season opens nationwide, there is a constant flow of repair work.

Ed

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am often a bit suspicious when dealing with any service person who does not have a lot of work.

Pat Ireland

7. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

If you need them right now, why don't you buy a set of tubed barrels for your gun. Check with the skeet gun dealers, they all most always have some in stock.
    Bill

8. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

When do I buy a boat? In the fall or winter. When do I buy a snow blower? In the summer. When do you buy tubes for your gun? AT THE END OF THE SEASON OR IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER YOU DUMB ASS. Do not come here whinning about how long its taking or going to take this time of the year. You should have thought ahead and had them made in the winter and then had time to practice with them before the season started. ITS ALL YOUR FAULT AND NO ONE ELSES.

9. flskeeter

flskeeter TS Member

Bob Finger. You're preaching to the choir. You don't have to explain supply chain dynamics to me. I spent my life in American manufacturing. If you're making a 40 year old product and it takes 6 weeks to make 6 tubes than you haven't invested squat in process technology. That opens the door for foreign competition and losing American jobs. That sticks in my crawl when it happens.

10. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Briley is now quoting 6 weeks. Last year it was 9 weeks so I went with Kolar who quoted 4-5 weeks. My barrels cames back in just under 4 weeks.

Both are quality products will serve you well. You pays your mony and takes your chances.

11. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Doggai, all I'm saying is to think ahead. Don't wait to the last min and then try to get what you want. Now is the time to buy winter toys. In fall and winter is the time to buy summer toys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.