1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Time for a new gun. Perazzi vs. Blaser

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beretta Young Gun, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

I've made up my mind that this trap season, I 'm going to treat myself to my very first brand new trap gun. Im by no means a new shooter. Ive owned my fair share of trap guns, but damn it, I want a brand new one. I've narrowed my choice down to 2 guns, the Perazzi MX-15 or Blaser F3 super trap. I don't shoot doubles so ill only be getting the single barrel. I've tried out both guns and both have charactoristics that I like. I'm interested in hearing other opinions, like and dislikes on these two guns. Thanks, BYG

2. Slugo

Slugo Member

Perazzi

3. red hammer

red hammer Member

There is no comparison between the two I don't need to tell you which one to get.

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

P Gun, but you may want to check out the new Kolar Light weight. Moves like the P Gun and is American made. Jake

5. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

Had both,miss the Perazzi. Nuff said

6. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Perazzi.

Jim C

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have had my fair share of Perazzi's so I never had a desire for a Blaser, but I do like their cases ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

That's a toss up, I like them both, a hard decision to be made there, flip a coin, to earn the coin at the range. There is a Blaser offered here at a good price.

The MX-15 comes it 2 different bore sizes in fixed choke 18.8 would be my choice.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. JGS

JGS Member

What model is the new Kolar Light Weight? I looked on their website, and I didn't see a light weight model identified as such.

10. thunder

thunder Active Member

Perazzi wonderful guns, winner over Blazer. If you are looking for a wonderful almost bullet proof gun with great service (I mean great service) look at Kolar.

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Shoot them both and make your decision. This is what I did. I preferred the Blaser. YMMV.

The Perazzi is a parts and service hog, you will discover.

12. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

The P gun new will be considerably more expensive than the Blaser new !!! Use that extra money for shells and practice .

13. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

P-gun for sure over the Blaser...why not try a Seitz? If too expensive, pick it used-service is great-will last forever.

14. C-Money

C-Money Member

Ever think about coming out to Yakima and looking at a new Ljutic?

15. drgondog

drgondog Member

Despite a desparate need for a new gun, IMO there is no better buy than an older Perazzi in great shape... at one half to 1/3 the cost.

As to previous comments regarding them as parts and service hogs - That has not been my experience in the past 46 years. I have an SHO that I bought in 67 and an SC3, plus a slew of MX8/Mirage, Comp 1 and MT6's.

I have had action blocks welded up, replaced two firing pins and one hammer spring..plus replaced a top barrel sear post with bottom - via the Whiz.

Even if you think a single barrel will work, I would get an O/U.

16. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Aprice said: "Buy a Perazzi Combo and learn to shoot doubles. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on."

I agree! Perazzi is the right choice and worth the extra cost.

17. bossbasl

bossbasl Well-Known Member

If you have restricted yourself to only Perazzi and Blaser, then the choice is very easily made; Perazzi, for many reasons that to list them would overwhelm this thread. If you open your horizon a bit you should include Kolar, as previously suggested, and Ljutic. You can find a next to new Ljutic for a fraction of what you would pay for a new Blaser. Find one that fits and you can happily spend the rest of your days trying your best to wear it out. Of course, this is impossible but it is added peace of mind with nary a need for any major repair cost. It's your money, so in the end, get what you like but don't cause yourself any regrets looking back. Lyle

18. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

I've tried a couple different kolar and they always seem heavey to me. I was unaware they now have a light weight model. Ill definately look into it. I currently shoot a ljutic mid rib with absolutly NO adjustability. Great gun, and I do love it. I'm looking to upgrade to something fully adjustable and tuneable. I hear the ljutic 1 touches are great guns but I am not a fan of that rib. If the would go to a more solid rib like the ARS id look at one really hard. Seitz is another gun that never caught my eye. There factory stock feel really funny to me. I guess I could have Mr. Devault build me a precision shooting solution. If I'm gonna spend the money I might as well get it fit to me, right? BYG

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

For me. P.

20. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Perazzi - no question

Life is too short to shoot ugly guns

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
blaser f3 vs perazzi