1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Time for a break from this forum.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

HD, I couldn't agree with you more. I don't swear on here or call people names but did enjoy a lot of the O/T threads. I've gained a lot of knowledge from people on this site and looked forward to checking it out every day. Well that has changed so will wait it out for a little while and see what happens. I'm going to shoot regardless of the dead site or not. Jackie B.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

OTOH, it is good to not be called a #%*$% or a @)%*# for stating the obvious. LOL

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Does anyone remember the character "Margaret" in Dennis the Menace?

("Hey Margaret! How'd you like to be put in charge of a Trapshooting site?")

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I remember Leave it to Beaver... "hey Ward don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night?"

Jerbear

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

And Ward's answer was?

6. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

Just wait till winter breaks and guy's get out and start shooting.This site might be a ghost town compaired to the way it use to be...Nuc

7. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Moderators,

Axe this one too. It is taking up good space. Thanks.

8. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

This site used to be a train wreck waiting to happen. Now it's a little too vanilla. As the mods get the hang of things and relax a bit, it'll swing around and be fun again. Granted, it's not as lively as before, it's not worth giving up on....YET!!!!

Best to all,

Shawn

9. AAfan

AAfan TS Member

From one of my favorite movies...

"Well, Bye!"

10. AAfan

AAfan TS Member

bgf, yup great movie! I also do cowboy action shooting and love Westerns in general so never miss an excuse to use a good movie line!:)

(Powers Booth said the line)

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Hoosier Daddy- I am very sorry if I did offend you with my comment indicating that the First Amendment only limited the Federal Government. Please do not go away because of any of my rantings. I will work harder on trying to state my opinions without being offensive to anyone.

Pat Ireland

12. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Hoosier Daddy,This site will get back to being more normal after a while.

One thing anyone that has more than one sign on name will be getting or have received emails from David.Only one sign name will be allowed.

Bo

13. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I started visiting this site fairly early-on and while I do believe that reform of some sort was needed, moderation does seem a little too "over the top" right now. Of course, none of us could be overreacting to the change, could we? I never was a supporter of abusive threads (been abused a few times myself) but some of the friendly banter was amusing and I hope "off-topic" threads don't become prohibited. I enjoy a lot of them, particularly those regarding rifles, archery and hunting in general.

One thing I'd like to see is a list of the official, for-real moderators' names. Every other discussion site I frequent makes that information public knowledge so a person receiving corrective comments knows they are genuine. We seem to have a few self-professed moderators but if those actual names were ever listed, I missed that thread. They should be on the site's homepage.

Ed

Just in case this post strikes a nerve, it's been nice...

14. Little_AL

Little_AL TS Member

Ed, "over the top" is a good description. DanBee tells me that his sign-on was deleted after his post made on this thread. Read the post and decide if this was fair or justifiable.

BTW, read the last paragraph on this page. It says, "the owners, administrators and moderators are not monitoring or editing the site." Okay, so who is?

I suppose this little missive will get me canned too, so adios amigos!

15. oz

oz Active Member

as my dad always said. "don't let the door bang you in the ass." oz

16. hairy

hairy TS Member

I think the only problem the site has-had was some of the members had skin that was too thin. Didn't like a thread...don't open it.

17. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

See ya Daddy.

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Well now, Hoosier Daddy, I always enjoyed you remarks. We've had our run in's, but no hard feelings. You've got friends!!!!!!!

19. AAfan

AAfan TS Member

Actually Hairy it was not possible to avoid the offensive posting on the old forum. I opened a thread about a Credit Card company cancelling a line of credit for a firearms distributer and that's when all the uproar started! Very Offensive ethnic slurs, defensive of same under the First Amendment (ignoring the fact this is a private site)...etc, etc. Now how would you avoid it? Since you had no warning, a pro-gun thread title, and the second posting on the thread?

I shouldn't have to skip threads to avoid language and behaviour the posters wouldn't dream of using with friends or family.

People are glossing over what had happened to make this change necessary. Four letter words WERE posted, Personal attacks, ethnic slurs all were becoming common on EVERY thread. So don't try to blame the response (Moderators) that was needed to save this site!

And if those who want to continue to complain about the only real solution that IS working, Moderators, you have the right to leave, so far traffic is sill brisk here and I expect it to remain so...

20. porky

porky TS Member

I think that the beginning of the end was when the site owner allowed the trolls on the site. Before that the site was civil. After the trolls started to flame everyone, it became a free for all. Now it has moved to the exteme other way. Something that I thought only the liberals do in cases of correction. Guess we're getting ready for a liberal goverment where they watch the citizens more than the terrorists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.