1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Timber Wolf Log Splitters Need Info

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have looked at some of the Timber Wolf log splitters in my area. Does anyone here have one and or know anything about them? Thanks

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I ma not familiar with them but would advise you to take a look at the flywheel type splitters if you wnat siomething fast and functional. The best known one is made by Super Split but there are others made now that are just as good. Just a lot faster and no hydraulics to mess with. I split lots of wood on both types and the Super Split is so much faster it is amazing.

3. Auctioneer

4. dontate

dontate Member

Try Carl Neutzel Services 410-329-6791.

5. onlym12's

onlym12's TS Member

A little pricey, but you are paying for what you get. Probably the best out there in my opinion. The bigger ones are nice (log lift, four way, tray for split wood to land on) back saver.

Thank's, Mike

6. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

The MTD will do all you want and sell for about $1100 there is NOTHING that the 25ton will not split It will cut a rail tie in half But I bent the 2 1/2 in bottom plate. and its a vertical NEVER use a horaizonal

7. Auctioneer

I have a MTD and it was good for the times. I have had it for about 15 years and its starting to give metrouble. I have had to repair things that I say shouldn't have broken. Broken b ecause of shotty engineering. Yes it does come up and stand straight up so you can roll or work the log in place and then 1/4 it so you can then pick it up. If you have done that you know how hard it is on your knee's and back in time. I'm not a 20 year old any more. I like the TW 5 but I think it will be more splitter then I need. The TW 2 might be the one I need. The log lift is a must. Just work the log in place and let the machine lift the log to be split.

I still would like to hear any and all thought on them. Thanks for all of the ones above.

8. Auctioneer

ks5shooter, I just went and looked at that site. It isn't much diff then the MTD that I have now. How much firewood do you split per year? I this past summer split 14 cords and I still didn't finish. I needed another 7 for the third bay. I have three bays to fill. I use any where from 4 cords to 7 cords a year at my house. So again this summer I have to split 14 cords to finish the third aby and to refillwhat I burned this winter.

9. Auctioneer

You lucky to have the wood dropped off like that. You are splitting alot of would with yur friend. I have to go out and find it first then cut and haul it. There are three of use doing it. ME, MYSELF and I. LOL Here is my shed for wood.
    auctioneer_2009_050720.jpg

10. Banser1

Banser1 TS Member

Auctioneer, I have used the 5 & 6. Excellent machines. Plenty power to split 24" + oak even crotch pieces. Log lift a must for larger sizes. 4 and 6 way splitter speeds up process. I have not used the smaller units, but have only heard good comments about them.

Your older MTD you use now is probably better constructed than present models.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.