1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tim Tebow & Duck Dynasty

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jim Porter, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

There is another open thread about DD and I responded to a fellow whose opinion differed from mine and as it turned out, most of the other responders. I am afraid I may have put Mr410 in an uncomfortable spot and definitely did not mean to. My apology to you sir if I did. I respect your right to your opinion. I still stand by my comments.

I worked as a sporting goods rep for years. I still watch some of the hunting shows from time to time. I have noticed that with the DD phenomenon, I see more, in fact a lot, of shows in the hunting camps where a meal and prayer are shown. I for one like that. I think DD has had a positive influence much like Tim Tebow had on the sports word in his press coverage. Lots of people didn't like what he did either but for sure he influenced a generation of ball players, Pop Warner all the way to the pro's, in his own way. The NFL even worked to clean up the gangster image of some of the outlaw players and we all are better for it. He made it OK for those who believe as he does, to openly give a show of faith. Some of the player contracts now have "behavior" clauses. Do I want my grandson to emulate, Tim or Frenandez?

Our world needs more of these "Stand and Deliver" non compromising people of conviction, who simply do what they feel is right and good and will not waiver to public opinion or political correctness or money. You go boys!

I will take one parting shot. The ATA, Grand had a church service both Sundays at the Grand this year. This may have been the first time ever. I think that is a good thing too!

Respectfully
    Jim Porter

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

A.) Morals and ethics vs B.)"diversity" and "tolerance".

B is often used as an excuse for ignoring A.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I don't have any issue with a meal and prayer or making money. I just don't like the way they present themselves (look as white Hillbillies). I would think it would be a little demeaning to be seen a homeless person. But, hey to each his own.

4. ShotStop

ShotStop Dedicatedto keeping gun clubs open and shooting.

1 Samuel 16:7

5. JT 27

JT 27 Member

The Robertson's appearances haven't changed in years, watch their hunting shows from several years ago. They are what they are. Yes, Tim Tebow, No! Johnny Football.

6. romie

romie Active Member

I don't like watching duck dynasty its like going back and watching the Three Stooges to me. BUT!!!!!! I am obviously a minority and I will have to hand it to them they are a strait up guys.I would vote one of them into legislature in a heartbeat. Evidently know how to make money$
    Monty

7. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Being a Buffalo Bills season ticket holder (I'll pause here for jokes and laughter), yesterday I received a package from the Bills. It contained two of the new NFL clear stadium carry ins. Very strong vinyl with straps and a zipper closer at the top. Seems funny that these see through carry ins are needed to protect players from the fans when with guys like Hernandez, the fans may need protection from the players! Duck Dynasty is the highest rated cable show. Maybe the world is crying for a return to prayer and eager to get rid of the diversity, black on black or white crime and wardrobe malfunctions and twerks from twerps. God Bless Tim Tebow and what he stands for. I would be proud to see him in a Bills uniform. two cents submitted by ed nichols

8. drgondog

drgondog Member

Personally, I have the highest respect for those on DD and Tebow. To me they represent the values, integrity and work ethic that used to be the foundation of this country..

"hillbillies, rednecks"? Well, I can identify with both of those groups also. That is another set of derogatory names for the speech and thought impaired that wish to diminish a Southern/Western/Midwestern seeded with the heritage of rural and agricultural way of life.

Perhaps shot410ga is of a 'higher' culture and has the proper perspective to cast words of contempt for those he doesn't identify with spiritually or culture or way of life - but neither Willie, the cast of DD or Tebow would fit anybody's definition of looking like homeless persons.

Maybe shot410 could proudly post a picture of himself in his finest array of threads to show us what a real person of refinement and values should look like. Then perhaps follow up with some Pithy comments contrasting his value system with DD crew and Tebow so that we may contemplate uplifting ourselves to his lofty standards?

@Jim Porter - well expressed thoughts, Thank you.

Regards,

Bill from rural Scurry, TX - population 600.

9. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Salute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From my days of watching Hee Haw as a kid. I guess I am a bit of a hillbilly too, even though I don't live in the hills.

10. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

More Robertsons less Kardashians!!!! The quote about A and B is the best I have seen yet!!!

11. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The boys are what they are. They make no pretence to be anything else. They are God fearing family men who love to hunt, worship God ,and enjoy life! Phil was a pretty good football player in college! Most are educated and far from ignorant! If you don't like e'm --Don't watch!

12. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

What Slide said. If you don't like it, don't watch it. It is alot more entertaining than watching the Kardashians, Tom Cruise, or the rest of those people on ET. I met Willie at the NRA Convention this year. He's a good ole boy.

13. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

I saw an interview on tv a couple days ago. Terry Bradshaw confirmed that in college Phil was the starting quarterback and he was Phil's backup.
    Bud