1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tim Russert

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nspktr1, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Tim Russert dead at 58 of apparent heart attack. Get complete report at FoxNews.com.

2. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Tim was a decent person and always was a super moderator on Meet the Press. He added creditability to any broadcast in which he participated.

Ed Ward

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Sorry but his Democratic background and leanings showed a little to often for me. His death was to early in life and a shame, leave it at that.

Don

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I am a Canadian and an ardent follower of US politics and the way they are reported. I respected the way Tim Russert went about his business. He was a professional in every way. Far above most of the hacks on TV. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Ron Burr

Alberta

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I too did not agree with his politics,..but he was decent man with credibility...very sad, my condolences

6. Darla

Darla Member

I watch Fox news most of the time, but nearly always caught Meet the Press (barring trapshoot Sunday's). My Dad was way to the right of Rush Limbaugh AND George Bush and we used to watch it together. I don't mind if people hold different views than I do. Just don't want them to try and stuff them down my throat. Of all of the newscasters out there, I thought Mr. Russert was one of the most objective and credible. He asked hard questions, not only of conservatives, but of liberals, too. Aside from his politics, he was very likable, not a smartass like many on tv. He had great credibility and didn't try to "spin" things. I'll miss Meet the Press and Tim Russert on election nights with his famous "white board".

Darla

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Tim was one of the few moderators who really wanted to hear and air both sides and it showed ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Bigdon,

I agree most whole-heartedly. The real treasures as news guys are Chris Wallace and Tony Snow. Also, George Will takes a back seat to no one.

One point - it amazes me that Chris Wallace could have become the person he is having the father he does. Mike Wallace was never the objective reporter or interviewer his son is.

Tony C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.