1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tim Hunsaker - need stocks back

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tom Strunk, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Trying to reach Tim Hunsaker, I have moved and he has changed his e-mail address, it's been almost 6 years since our last e-mails to each other. My e-mail is bogieone@hughes.net

Tom Strunk

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tom where are you? haven't seen you for ages. hope all is well. Dave Bishop

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Hey Tom, I sent you an email my friend. Glad you posted again, figured you disappeared off into some quail habitat somewhere? Hap

4. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I thank you all for the kind words. I retired from all competition shooting five years ago.

I was getting more and more into quail hunting and my subconscious was having a problem with the release triggers I used for clay target shooting. As I wanted to give the quail hunting my best effort ( I use a pull trigger on birds ) I stopped clay target shooting. I have only shot a pull trigger for the past five years. It worked. I have since retired, three years ago, and have moved to the high country of Arizona, in a town of 15,000 called Payson.

I now own five bird dogs, two German Shorthairs and three French Brittanies. I have been hunting Huns every September in Montana, then here for Quail and then to Kansas where my son-in-law has almost 10,000 acres and a lot of wild Bobwhite quail to hunt ( I'm the only person to ever hunt there in the past 40 some years ) I finish out the season hunting here, I usually hunt at least three days a week. Life is GOOD.

Years ago I met Tim and Celest Robb and Doug Hawkins from Arizona and have listened to them about the triggers. Tim and Doug both shoot release triggers on clay targets and a pull trigger on birds.

A few weeks ago I went to the Spring Grand one day to check things out and saw a lot of old friends, which leads me to say -----

I have decided to come out of ATA retirement and begin shooting again, I will begin shooting at Red Mountain Trap and Skeet in a couple of weeks, and then I will compete at the Arizona State Shoot in Tucson,AZ. I have been practicing a little and am very pleased with the results. Maybe Kingsburg for the California State Shoot. Other shoots? we'll see. By the way, I'm a Senior Vet now as I turn 70 last November.

Tom Strunk

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sounds good Tom, Look forward to seeing you at Kingsburg if you decide to attend. Dave

6. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

Welcome back Tom.....look forward to seeing you again! Jerry

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.