1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

tikka o/u

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Could be a Valmet. hey made lots of wierd combos and did have a connection with Ithaca.

HM

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Very nice guns in search of a use. These were imported only for a couple of years. They are just a much nicer Savage 24. You can't hunt with them in most states. Everone thinks that you are out poaching, ask me I'll tell you abot a run in with a conservation officer while carrying a 24 during deer season.

Tikki and Sako are one in the same. Very good quality and excellent shooters. They are the perfect gun for the tractor/combine cab. Kinda scarce guns!

ec90t

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I can't find the exact gun in my book but I would think that $1,000.00 is a good starting point( Based this off of info on double rifle that was imported later on). These guns are pretty rare.

Someone else on this site may have a book the covers this gun, mine doesn't.

ec90t

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

they are nice guns and worth the money if you want that combination

I think they also made additional barrels you could add when they were imported by someone else

they are not related to the 24 as I remember it

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Gene,

I was using the 24 for reference. I'm sorry if I confused the matter, as was not my intention. My intention was to state that the Tikki was a much nicer gun than the Savage 24. Sorry if my post was misleading.

On a secondary note, the 412 and later 512 models did have accessorie barrels available for them and they add considerable value to the gun!

ec90t

6. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Antique, The gun is a mod. LSA-55, made by Tikka, 1970-1981,( pre. sako merger), check on gun traders .com, if there are some on that sight it`ll give you a good reference point to start from. My blue is to far out of date to give you any prices, sorry.

Tom R.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.