1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tightning up the Ljutic Mono

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by davidjayuden, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

First of all thank you to all who offered advice on how to tighten up the lock-up on my older tall rib monogun, #1992 as I recall. I simply took a bit off the nose of the stop tab on the top of the I block and that got me 99% there. Enough for now.
    My next question regards tightening up the forearm on the barrel. When it is snapped onto the barrel alone (no receiver) it is quite loose, enough for a .0015 feeler gauge to fit in between the back of the wood and the front of the block. A bit of up and down too.
    Since it all tightens up pretty well once assembled, I'm not in panic mode, however my newer mid-rib Ljutic's forearm is tight on the barrel. All the screws are tight inside the forearm. How do I tighten up the forearm so it snaps in place snug instead of hanging there rattling?
    dju

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Send the gun to Jimmy for a new or adjusted barrel lug.

Put a piece of duck tape on the bottom of the barrel where the forearm touches the barrel. They make black duck tape.

I used the duck tape and it worked fine

hope this helps,

Roy

3. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

I think I like the second option better. Thanks.
    dju

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I think you used one too many zeos, (.0015) That is pretty close. I had a similar problem. I bought a glass bedding kit and bedded the forearm. This worked very well and stayed that way.

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

You may be dealing with two different problems with the forend being loose.

If the gun seems a little sloppy when the action it open, then the lug on the barrel needs to be welded and the forend iron refit. In the process of re-fitting, the forend iron will put more pressure against the receiver.

If the forend iron fits tight enough to prevent any "rattle" while the action is open, then it can be possible that the forend assembly, while locked up tightly, leaves a small gap between the barrel and the tip of the forend wood. As mentioned above, either a few pieces of tape in the gap, or filling it with some acra-glass, and re-fitting the front tip of the wood.

The front tip of the forend wood should make contact prior to the forend latch locking to the barrel's lug.

Doug

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

90Ts have a small rubber insert in the forend that works well..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to tighten up a lujtic

ljutic forearm adjust