1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tightening up a bt99 plus

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by UpNorthMN, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

What is involved with tightening up a bt99 that has a lot of rounds through it? Can it be done? How much?

2. arend003

arend003 Member

NOt sure what all it does take but from your name I would try Doug Baker in Backus goes byt the name gundoctor

3. WZsembik

WZsembik Member

I would call Art Issacson in Hillsboro, MO. Old Browning guy. It is most likely an easy fix, maybe the lug or some hinge work, there are very few parts so get new springs while they are in it..I had mine gone through a few years back, including some consmetic work. He tightened everything up (it felt new) and I knew everything was A-OK on the inside...ready for a another truck load of shells. It was a very fair price, and as I said before, I knew it was mechanically A-OK inside.

Bill

4. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Art's in Missouri is the best from what I have read on TS for this type of work. From what I understand he worked for Browning..

5. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Skeet's Gun Shop. Oklahoma. Their in the back of Trap and Field. $95 I think.

Matt Ski

6. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

Doug Baker does a nice job the price varies by what has to be done can be anywhere from $200 to $500,send the gun to him and he will quote the out the door price after he looks at it!

7. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Doug Braker is the best and cannot be beat for price and service.

http://dougsgunsmithshop.com/index.cfm/pageid/5

8. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

What exctly is loose on the gun? if the hinge is worn then go with one of the peple listed above. If the lever and locking block are worn and the lever moves wen you shoot it, then you can buy a kit to replace the locking block for like $80.

9. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

$320.00 plus shipping and ins. both ways PLUS 5-6 MONTHS at Browning!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just got my Plus back.

10. BT99

BT99 Member

I made an inquiry to Arts about this on Friday. Got an email from them yesterday
    stating that they charge a flat $250. for a complete rebuild of a BT99,
    with approx 2 week turn around. Over the years he rebuilt a couple of BT99's for me and did first class work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.