1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

tight with money stories

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by emmylou1, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmylou1

emmylou1 Active Member

Whats your tight with money stories,we stayed with a couple this winter down south.She makes 104,000 a year,he makes good too,she pees,uses no t.p.then he does,and they flush.She waits for the mail man to bring coupons,I throw up in the back of my mouth when I think of this women............

2. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

When I was a kid, my dad had one of the round, open, BBQ grills. You remember the type, it had a single peg in the middle of the grill and could be adjusted for height. The only real drawback to this type grill was that once you built the fire, you couldn't save the charcoalwhen you were done cooking. There was no way to cut the air-flow to snuff out the coals.

Our neighbor was so tight, when he saw my dad cooking on the grill he woould walk over about the time dad would be finishing up. Carroll was a tall, gangly country fellow and would say, " Ed, I noticed that you're about done cooking. Would it be alright if I "borried" (borrowed) your grill? Those coals are going to burn to ash anyway, no sense in letting them go to waste?"

I don't think old Carroll ever bought any charcoal or a grill until they came out with the grills with the lids.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

We have a member at our club that is even more frugal. He use to dig the glowing coals out of our club BBQ when we were done cooking and then put them in a bucket and quench them then sort though the quenched goo to retrieve the remaining solid chunks which he then air dried to be used again.

This guy does a great many other things that are very helpful to the club - the recycling of the charcoal really didn't show up on our bottom line.

Probably infurates him when we grab a few handluls of brand new charcoal and play shotgun games with them.

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I've been in the HVAC business for about 40 years, I could write a book about people being tight, and wanting the miracle band aid to fix everything

5. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Several years ago I traveled to Utah to fish with some friends. On the return trip we stopped for lunch. The tightwad of the bunch ordered a glass of water and one dinner roll for which he complained about there being a charge for. We ate our meal and one gentleman pushed back from the table and covered his plate with his napkin signalling that he was finished. No sooner had the napkin settled over the remaining food the tightwad hooked the plate with his fork, pulled it over to him, flicked the napkin off the plate with his fork and began eating the remains. The complete maneuver looked so smooth that I would swear the tightwad had practiced the routine at home. What was incredible was the fact that said tightwad was a retired dentist! Needless to say I never went on another trip with him.

Pat

6. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

We had a guy at the club that I shot at as a teenager. Drove a nice car, bachelor, shot a Lujtic (space gun even!), and everyone said he had more money than God. Any way this guy was so tight that he would actually go out in front of the houses after hours and pick up used AA12 wads and re-use them in his reloads! Never saw anything like that in my life.

7. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

in 1976 our family went to Blencoe, IA to visit some family and my uncle and I went to Sioux Falls, SD to shoot in the Bi-Centennial shoot. He shot quite a bit at that time with Charlie Cannon, Cannon Towel Company. Charlie picked up a couple of cigarette butts from the parking lot and used them for ear plugs! It was so crazy I still remember that. He flew up from Sioux City and he let me fly back with him in his Bonanza. ....GOOD TIMES!

another great guy from Arkansas was told one time he was so tight he would squeeze a nickle until the buffalo shits! haha...

8. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

There once was a big wig in the ATA that used a gob of PLAY-DOH for ear plugs. Claimed it worked better then any he had ever bought.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.