1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

tight kolar barrels?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

needed to order some chokes for my new kolar barrels, and wanted to mic them up to make sure they were .740 like they should be. Ran the bore gauge down the barrels, bottom one is .738, top one is .737. Checked and rechecked a half dozen times making sure the gauge was calibrated right and I was reading it right, and sure enough they are the tightest kolar barrels i've ever heard of/seen. Anyone else have or heard of tight kolar barrels? Doesn't really matter to me as long as I get the chokes ordered to match the barrels, just curious more than anything else.

2. cowsranchers

cowsranchers TS Member

Email me - and i will give you a phone number for some new chocks cheap - hccc@frtci.net

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

According to Chris Maest, my 740 bore barrels are .741 to .742. Bill Malcolm

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

A 90T HPAR that I used to shoot had a bore diameter of .736". I believe that they had a nominal bore of .740". It really crushed targets with the .028" tube installed.

ec90t

5. alpine

alpine TS Member

With todays machines 3 thousands is NOT an acceptable tolarance. That would be +- .0015. A modern lathe can hold .0005 if the operator knows what they are doing.

With my manual 30 year old lathe I can hold +- .0015.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

bob- glad to hear mine aren't the only "tight" barrels. Maybe they'd make a good set of pigeon barrels if they don't work out for skeet LOL. Mine are serial #1410 i think, the blanks for yours and mine must of been made before they changed the mandrel over for the next set of blanks (I'm assuming there forged blanks)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.