1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tigers YES -- Yanks NO

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BIGDON, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Tigers beat the team that only money could buy, the dreaded Yankees.

Now off to Texas and then on to the World Series.

Something positive out of Michigan.

Don

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

This is an honest ? Does anyone out there really give a rats A---. Who wins the World series or an other so called professional sports event, unless you have money riding on it?

I stopped supporting all professional sports when the Dodgers left Brooklyn.

Phil Berkowitz

3. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

It's always great to see the Yanks get knocked out. ESPN cries, Mike & Mike cry. Look's like AHole-Rod needs to start juicing again. Don't tell me he wasn't juicing during his career. He should go into the Sosa, Clemens, Palmeiro, Mcguire hall of shame.

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

yes some of DO give a sh!t about pro sports. It's my favorite form of entertainment [well second favorite]. I've been following my tigers for 50 years and hopefully will for some time to come. And don't get me started on the Lions. I don't care what they get paid, when I see Jim Leyland get choked up on an interview, I do too. It's sport figures like him that keep it real for me.Bill Wheeler

5. avery53

avery53 Member

What a game, couldn't be more proud of our Tigers.

6. tj303

tj303 Member

Whiny millionaire (and often druggy) players who bitch with whiny billionaire owners who have the taxpayers build them new stadiums. Rome is burning and Americans sit on their asses in coliseums and in front of TV's.

7. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

How many of you Yankee/Baseball haters will sit in front of your TV for 2 or 3 hours of pre-game crap, then watch a game run by a 1 hour clock that lasts for 3 hours or more and then watch another hour of post game crap.. How many of you complain about Baseball players getting 2-10 million a YEAR but it's OK if a football player gets a million a GAME!!. Larry

8. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Way to go! I remember a LONG time ago the Tigers starting off the season in first place and staying in first place the whole season and then going on to win the World Series. Anyone remember the year? How many other teams have ever done that?

I love the Red Sox, but they are a cruel mistress, hot & cold. I really like to see smaller-market teams go to the World Series. Now if only Kansas City could make the playoffs, I would be very pleased!

LA in MA

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Baseball players play a 162 game schedule for their paltry 4 or 5 mill per season. Bring in a hellava lot of dollars for the communities they play in. That's why cities build stadiums for them, the whole thing is a major revenue stream for the city and community.

But you little whinners with your poor me attitude take and it put some place because I don't really care what you dislike. You probably sat in the corner sucking your thumb when the other kids were playing ball.

I guess we could all spend the time watching your president Osama lie to us about his jobs bill and the riots he is supporting in NY.

Don

10. 682 beretta

682 beretta Member

Only 18 weeks +/- untill pitchers and catchers report for spring training.
    GO YANKEES
    Barney

11. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

If you don't get it by now (why baseball is such a great game), you probably never will. Those that don't understand or appreciate the gane like to complain about monies paid and calling players drug addicts when they don't know the true facts. Yes, the players who admitted to taking the steroids and growth hormones should be castigated for their actions, but those that have not admitted to using drugs should receive the benefit of the doubt. Anyone remember 'Innocent until proven guilty' -- I sure like that way versus the other...

And way to go Tigers. And way to go Delmon Young, a player I have watched for three years as a member of my favorite Minnesota Twins. I wish him the best and would like to see the Tigers reach the World Series. A Brewers/Tigers world series would be wonderful for us midwesterners instead of watching the big money east and west coast teams...

Any game without a clock has a good chance of being a great game. No going to the knee, running out the clock, or any other boring tactic. Baseball gives both teams 27 outs, no matter how short or long the game runs. I never could understand why a one hour football game takes three hours or more to play. You better like commercials if you like football, basketball, or hockey. BTW, the average baseball game averages 2 hours and 42 minutes....thanks for letting me spout off....cya

12. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

"Baseball, Hotdogs and apple pie!" (now that is American)

GO DIAMONDBACKS......Terry

13. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Sorry Big Don, but they going to get their behinds handed to them by the great Texas Rangers

The Texas will go to the world series

Anyway that's my plan

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

It is still good to see Detroit having something to cheer for....and the Lions are really on a roll ..hope they stay near the top

15. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

It's lookin' like Cabrera'll be able to feed himself over the winter. He and Sabathia must hang out together.

16. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

VERLANDER-"The Duke of Detroit"

17. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

Yuck the Fankees! IMHO.

18. The Stive

The Stive Member

It is always good for me to watch the best team money can buy---- lose. John

19. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I guess it will not be an east coast/west coast world series! this is such a cool baseball year. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bill Wheeler

20. JRW

JRW Member

I really like the tigers, always have. If they would have paid Granderson & kept him we would have won it in 3 games. Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.