1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TIGER MYRTLE PICTURES DELIVERED

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mr.M, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

As promised last week, here are pictures of two real Tiger Myrtle full rifle blanks that I acquired recently. These are both seven years old, air dried in southern Oregon. One is 34 inches long, the other 35 inches. They are 3 3/8 inches think, making them ideal for big bore rifles or shotguns with any kind of twist, offset, etc. Regular old shotgun stocks are OK too. These will create a once in a lifetime stock and forend set for someone who wants only the rarest and most unique wood in this hemisphere on their shotgun. The stripe in these two is the densest I've seen in 37 years of looking. When combined with the sunburst fiddleback in the butt portion, the effect is almost unbelievable.

Although the pictures are posted for educational purposes only, yes, both blanks are for sale. The one with the close-up of the butt is $750., the other one is $650. The first $1250. through the door will take them both off the market and will represent a great investment whether they stay hidden in a closet or are proudly displayed on a firearm for all to enjoy.

I trust these will create some "visions of sigar plums" for someone in the TS.com audience. Good Shooting and Merry Christmas to all from Oregon.

Mike Mann ATA Life 07-34685
    PITA Life 01630
    NRA Life Benefactor
    <a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/mikermann1/madrone%20tables/Tiger%20Myrtle%2012-24-07/?action=view&current=DSCN4969.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/mikermann1/madrone%20tables/Tiger%20Myrtle%2012-24-07/?action=view&current=DSCN4967.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/mikermann1/madrone%20tables/Tiger%20Myrtle%2012-24-07/?action=view&current=DSCN4965.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Mr.M

Restless,

Eight inches plus at butt, six inches plus at wrist on both blanks. Both are more than three inches thick. Huge blanks. Full rifles, so will suffice for any application.

Regards,

Mike Mann

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Wow, most myrtle is not that nicely figured. A real treasure.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

"visions of sigar plums" ... what the heck is a "sigar" plum?

5. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Monica Lewinsky would know.

6. Mr.M

Restless,

Dry blanks are typically shipped in corrugated cardboard boxes. Storage advice is to put a blank in a closet or other area inside your house where relatively stable temperature and humidity conditions exist. In this environment, blanks have been safely stored for decades. I wouldn't store a blank in a basement (moisture) or an attic (heat)or anywhere that exposes the blank to prolonged sunlight.

I hope this answers some of your questions. Feel free to contact me at the email above with any other questions.

Lump,

A sigar plum looks, smells and tastes a lot like a sugar plum, only one finger to the right.

Regards, Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.