1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiger Myrtle Eye Candy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Just finished a stock and forend for a Browning 325 Sporting Gun. The gun has a Delrin Add-On rib and the wood is Tiger Myrtle provided by Mike Mann know here as Mr. M. The grain of the wood was very striking and this was the piece that Mike had dispalyed here about 2 months ago. Thank you for taking the time to look and we hope the new owner likes what he sees.

Dennis & The Crew.

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=browning_325_tigermyrtle_gun_5.jpg" target="_blank"> browning_325_tigermyrtle_gun_5.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=browning_325_tigermyrtle_2.jpg" target="_blank"> browning_325_tigermyrtle_2.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=browning_325_tigermyrtle_3.jpg" target="_blank"> browning_325_tigermyrtle_3.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=browning_325_tigermyrtle_4.jpg" target="_blank"> browning_325_tigermyrtle_4.jpg </a>

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Maple is just hard to beat in my view. That looks awesome Dennis.

3. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

BREATH TAKEN...I NEED TO BE PUT ON OXYGEN. VERY NICE WOOD....TAKE MY KIDS IN TRADE FOR IT. THEY DO SOME HOUSE WORK NOW AND THEN.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Incredible

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

That's some of the finest myrtle I've seen in a long time! I'm glad it wasn't wasted on lesser talents, or a lefty. Lol. Just kidding about the lesser talents.

ss

6. train222

train222 Well-Known Member

Dennis,

Super Nice Piece...I have never seen a finished stock in Myrtle wood before...I am really glade you posted it...I just got a Chocolate Myrtle blank form Mike Man, for one of my Air Rifles....Thanks for sharing...

Hey Guys, this wood is Myrtle Wood, Not Maple...This Myrtle Wood is from Oregon.

I just got this rifle blank from Mike Man for one of my Air Rifles..Its called Chocolate Myrtle and I can't wait to see what the finished product will look like.

Mike Man is a True Gentleman and has some of the finest Shot Gun and Rifle Blanks around....

train222_2008_0303.jpg

train222_2008_03031.jpg

train222_2008_03032.jpg

train222_2008_03033.jpg

train222_2008_03034.jpg

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

WOW!! Great looking job and wood!!

Hap

8. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Dennis,

Thanks for the plug and the great work done by your crew. Amazing how beautiful the finished product looks when the work is done by your talented folks. Please pass along my compliments to the boys and girls. This stuff is so rare that I haven't been able to add a single blank to my inventory for six months. Been looking hard. Two 2-piece sets are left including the one of the two you saw in Redlands a month ago.

I did some imaginative trading last weekend and picked up a ten year old slab of Bastogne Walnut that has yielded eight breath-taking blanks. As soon as I can get good photos, I'll make them available.

Thanks again for the acknowledgement, Mike Mann

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

AWESOME!!!,,,,as always....

10. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I am in awe of your checkering prowess!

I am pushing my machine shop towards guns for my retirement, and am currently refinishing several pieces of nice walnut. I just about have the oil finish part down pat, and am now working on tinting to match different color/types of wood, and achieveing the colors I want from the wood. Really want to duplicate some of the work Turnbull is doing and especially the Winchester Red they are able to do.

Just about there. Very satisfying to see the finished product.

Next is learning how to checker,as that is the ultimate final touch.

I am prepared for a lengthy apprenticeship.

You do nice work!

Randy

11. RAScott

RAScott Member

Striking! that is really sharp. great work.

Bob S

12. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Nicol

13. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Randy,

Dennis doesn't do the checkering. His wife Cindy does. See the link above.

Scott

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Wow. Myrtle is usually pretty plain. Nice exceptions.

15. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

dennis, i think you and your crew need to take a little holiday in western australia !!!!!

16. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Very nice looking gun. I'm not a fan of light color wood but that one is outstanding.

17. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Johnny D,

I would love to come to the land down under. What are the laws like and could I even get into the country doing this type of work? Just asking.

Dennis DeVault

18. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Absolutly gorgeous work Dennis, especially the ebony dovetailing on the pistol grip....Never seen better work than yours & I am 71 years young.....Pete LaBella

19. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Wow....espectially the right side of the stock. That's tremendous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.