1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiger Attack Victim Fesses Up

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Recoil Sissy, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

From an Associated Press report:

POLICE: TIGER ATTACK VICTIM ADMITS TO DRINKING, TAUNTING AT SAN FRANCISO ZOO

Police filed a court affidavit Thursday, Jan. 17, 2008, requesting a search warrant for the surviving victims cell phones and car. The documents stated that Paul Dhaliwal, 19, one of the three victims of San Francisco Zoo tiger attack was drunk and admitted they yelled and waved at the tiger while standing on atop the railing of the big cat enclosure. Dhaliwal also denied throwing anything into the tiger's pen to provoke the cat.

The affidavit also cites mulitple reports of a group of young men taunting animals at the zoo.

Toxicology results for Dhaliwal showed that his blood alcohol level was 0.16 - twice the legal limit for driving.

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Well now thats great! Lots of good it does the poor dam Tiger....he's dead! Latinos for Tigers.....thats not a very good trade by any stretch of the imagination!

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The punk gangbangers got what they deserved.

4. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Paul Dhaliwal, that would be East Indian, not Mexican. FD

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

But Farmer.....He was eating a Taco!

6. T/C

T/C TS Member

Damn Hipshot, you beat me to it. But read my latest book, "The Tiger and Toco Bell";. sure to on the best sellers list by mid Feb.

7. prince_of_darkness

prince_of_darkness TS Member

so what if his alcohol level in his blood was twice the legal driving limit, he wasnt driving, he was taunting a tiger. what is the legal limit of alcohol in the blood for that???

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

POD, it's .00001

HM

9. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I doubt there are any laws on the books against taunting tigers.
    It's probably not a good idea to do so...as these young men found out...but now you can bet there will be a whole spate of new laws about interaction between zoo animals and their observers. [roll eyes]

10. bgf

bgf Active Member

Taunting or not...Latino or not...drunk or not...?

The big question is how the tiger got out. Seems maybe the enclosure was not up to specs.

I think the Zoo is in big doodoo...

Bernie

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Its a shame they had to put the tiger down, they could have released it around the mexican/usa border.

12. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

it is reported that all 3 of these young men had been smoking pot as well as being intoxicated. there are probably very few on here who didn,t do some stupid things when younger {including me}& have a friend or 2 that paid the ultimate price when you got drunk with your buddies {or high as some have probably done} speaking for myself i know i am fortunate to have lived thru some of the stupid things i done when muscle cars& drinking & driving wasn,t a big deal back in the late 60,s early 70,s. the town marshal used to watch us uncap the headers head out to the river bridge & drag race half the night dwain

13. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Well BOYS,.. Sometimes the tiger wins and I for one think it's a shame he didn't kill all of them. I am not known for my compassion when it comes to scumbags, dumb shits, and dopers. These boys seem to fit all counts. Yea we were all young once but let me ask you this? Did any of your stupid stuff involve going to a zoo to throw rocks at caged animals? Did any of your stupid stuff involve harming animals? There is a diffrence between what we did and this. If you can't see that then I can't help you.Jeff

14. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

You mean the Tiger was drinking to?......I'm confused! Somebody tell me the Tiger wasn't drinking!.........and Ditto what Jeff said.

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Boy this is bad. The tiger got it in "Little Black Sambo" and now the tiger gets it again. Don't think that's fair.
    The reference to L B S was not intended in any way to be racially motivated. Mike.

16. halfmile

mengwe, are you a liberal? you were apologising for Little Black Sambo reference before anyone got on you about it. We had to read that story in grade school. Hopoe the school board don't get sued. Sheesh.

For god's sake, man, Stand up! NOw go get a job being a publicist for Don Imus.

As far as the stupid punks go, whatever their race, they got what they deserved for a change instead of having a softy liberal judge slapping them on the wrist.

And getting after the zoo is completely wrong. The tiger was provoked so hard he had to give super effort to get the little bastard.

They should not get one red cent in their legal action, but I hope the shyster they hired spends about a thousand hours on it.

HM

17. T/C

T/C TS Member

EE, Super OK with me. FK with the bull you can get the horns. So now society will have to pay these illegal dirt bags a bunch of $$$ because they were beyond stupid. And doing drugs and FKing with the Tiger is just OK. Only in America. Too bad it didn't maul all 3 of them, at least he'd had a taco supreme.

18. halfmile

Anything can be dangerous if you misuse it. This includes firearms, automobiles, and it would seem tiger cages.

Blaming the instrument for the stupidity of the user is not a sign of high intelligence.

HM

19. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

For the sake of agreement let's let us look at it from a different perspective.

When you go to a zoo you go with the reasonable assumption that you are going to see animals on display that aren't, under any circumstance, going to escape and tear your butt off. If you didn't you would call it a Safari instead of a zoo visit.

Now there is no question that the Tiger enclosure was 4 feet too short, according to zoo standards. That is plain negligent as the courts will rule.

There is also no doubt that the tiger was annoyed at the 3 people bothering her and she jumped the inadequate enclosure. LUCKILY she killed and mauled her taunters and no one else.

Now what would have happened if those men hid, the zoo was full of innocents including your children and the result were many bystanders mauled or possibly killed by the angered tiger. NOW who is at fault? I bet that the men who instigated the tiger would get punished to some degree but the zoo will be found negligent.

Regardless of what precipitated the attack or if the perpetrators "got what they deserved" the fact is that the incident could have been a whole lot worse and the zoo was at fault. Suppose it was a Cape Buffalo that got loose. I don't think the .40S&W cartridge would have impressed an enraged buffalo, at least not for a while.

There are codes for buildings, zoos and just about everything else and it behooved the zoo to be within those codes. It was not and it is a miracle that a larger tragedy was averted.

Jerry

20. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Wooda-shooda-cooda.. Blabaddy,blah-blah-blah.... Let's face it.. Most think the kids got what they deserved. Right, wrong, or indiffrent. So seldom is an outcome truly poetic that we try and stifle it with reason when we should just enjoy it. Somebody getting what they deserve makes everybody feel good because it happens so seldom. We know that if they had been caught doing it nothing would have happened. Instead we have a situation that was Self Regulating..... It warms my heart and makes me want to go out to a nice steak dinner with a like minded friend and have a good laugh. Too bad we don't have more short fences. I suspect that people would be a lot nicer if all of " "Lifes Fences" were two feet too short". Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.