1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thurmont Camping

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by K80433SC, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

With the news of the Maryland State Shoot returning to the Thurmont Club in 2012, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are going to be camping sites for trailers located on the club grounds ?

We are excited about the event moving back to Thurmont, and would like to camp there - if possible. Any factual information / details would be greatly appreciated.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Check with the weatherman first! Any sign of heavy rain and head for higher ground!!

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Amen Ole..saw a picture once of a road leading to 6ft of water after one terrific gully washer one year at Thurmont

4. williamkelly

williamkelly Member

Like calvin said he saw a picture, he was not there please give the folks a chance at the MSSA.right now money is a problem, maby calvin will kick in a few bucks i hope his pockets are as big as his mouth

5. dflo

dflo Member

The best camping during the Maryland state shoot is in Ohio at the Cardinal Center. Bad timing to have the Maryland state shoot and Ohio state shoot at the same time. You will not have to worry every time it rains if your camper will still be there.

6. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I have been to Ohio, as recently as 2 weeks ago. It is indeed a premier facility, and camping there was very enjoyable. HOWEVER....................
    I believe I asked if anyone had information as to whether there would be sites available at Thurmont for the 2012 Maryland State Shoot.
    Any other comments and /or opinions about the elevations or water levels in Thurmont OR Marengo are not relevant to my question.
    And there will always be State Shoots that overlap one-another. We are all free to decide which to attend.

7. Danny870

Danny870 Member

I SHOT AT MSSA HOMEGROUNDS LAST WEEK. AND I DID SEE SOME NEW HOOK UP FOR CAMPERS

8. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Thanks, Danny870. Now if I can get a contact name or phone number, I will try to make my reservation.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Sorry Mr Kelly...no offense meant..I know a lot of great folks are making Thurmont the best it can be and cant wait to shoot there again myself...the picture I saw was one taken after a vicious storm that would have flooded anywhere low...just noted cuz it was one of those scenes from Mother Nature doing nasty things that leave you in awe and feeling puny...we've seen many more just this week..accept my apologies..Cal

10. williamkelly

williamkelly Member

god bless you cal

11. BudLight

BudLight Member

K80433SC, The website above should be able to help. Try the Thurmont delegate. Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

thurmont trap shoot