1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thurmont 8/21 and 8/22

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roger8918, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

anyone know the program for Thurmont this weekend? Also do they give junior awards?

2. smokestack

smokestack Member

Saturday
    100 S
    100 H
    50 D

Sunday
    100 S
    100 H
    50 D

Trophy to High Lady, Vet, Sr Vet, Sub Jr & Jr in singles and Handicap. Winner and Runner up in Doubles.

This is out of the state book, hope this helps.

Paul

3. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Thanks Paul, does it say how much Jr targets are? Also, do you know if the state book is online?

4. smokestack

smokestack Member

Targets are $24.00 (All Sub Jr and Jr shoot for half price if they do not play options)

State Fee $4.00 (once per day)

Maintenance Fee $1.00 (each event)

The shoot schedule is online, but the program is not. You should be able to pick up a blue shoot directory for the club or an officer of the BOD or a member that has an extra copy, ask around. Ask at the pay window, I got mine at Carroll County GC my first shoot this year.

Have a great day and good luck!

Paul

5. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Thanks Paul, we'll have to see how things go but we may try and make it up there tomorrow.

6. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Had avery good time at Thurmont Saturday. Everyone did a great job, shoot ran very smooth and the grounds looked good. Looking forward to shooting there more often.

JohnR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

I did not count them all,would have to say somewhere between 18 and 20. Looking forward to the MD State shoot coming back here.

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

My buddy Paul Quattlebaum, who is recovering from throat cancer treatments, shot there Saturday for the first time. We had dinner together last evening and he said he was very impressed with the grounds, people and targets. He looks forward to shooting there again.

My wife, who doesn't shoot, even remembered Thurmont: "Isn't that the place that had the great roast beef sandwiches and half-chickens?"

Ed

9. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

They opened the traps to the far right of the clubhouse? When we were last there we shot on the traps to the left of the clubhouse and the pool.

RMHouston

10. roger8918

roger8918 Member

I love the photos of the grounds...does anyone have any more? However I am confused, is that the Conservation and Sportsman's clubhouse in the background of the first photo?

11. PHILFIRST

PHILFIRST TS Member

Did they post the results anywhere?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.