1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thur Nite Green Bird Results 12/03 Oxford Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Had some decent weather on a Thur nite for a change. 3 out of the last 4 have been rained on. It was overcast and windy but dry. Had a nice turn out, total of 39 squads. Top shooters for the nite are:

Rich Lewis 49x50

Merlynn W. 49x50

Bill P. 48x50

Bob Blanco 47x50

Bill Bailey 47x50

Our top prize winner for the nite was Darrel Cook with 4 (2 chicken Breast & 2 bacon)

We got our longbird Jackpot up to $59 but when Jim Roland was drawn I knew it was dead. He drew post 2 got a quarter right and smashed it. Thanks Jim, way to kill a pot.

We had several new faces tonite and I hope everyone had a good time. We have a big meat shoot sunday and the weather looks like it should be good. I hope to see you there.

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

After Googling the " Oxford Gun Club " I see it's in Pennsylvania, to bad the director forgot to mention that. I believe the drive from Arizona is a little to far to attend. So have fun, and I wish you good weather for your meat shoot.

Tom Strunk

3. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Rich,

I find it helpful if you put the club web site on your posts.

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Thanks Dave, Sometimes I forget the size of the area that TS.com covers.

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Tom Strunck, If you ever find yourself in our neck of the woods stop by. We did have a shooter from Denver who was in the area on business, looked us up on the web, and shot a meat shoot with us. Arizona would be the long distance record to attend a shoot. Shoot well and often.

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I think the long distance record to attend a shoot at Oxford was set today by Tom G. He was visiting from Norway and shot with Curt and his band of cutthroats (poor guy, never had a prayer).

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Our next Green Bird Shoot is on Dec 10th.

8. kmcampbe

kmcampbe TS Member

How do you work your green bird shoots, I would imagine that if someone gets the green bird then they get the meat correct? Is it a option that they play during another match or something else?

Kelly

9. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Our Green Bird Shoots are 25bird events. We give 2 small meat prizes (bacon, hamburger,chickenbreast,porkchops,hamsteak,sausage,gamehen) per event. In the event there are 2 randomly placed green birds. 1st shooter to break a green target is a winner. The other winner is high gun out of the remaining 4 shooters. If both green targets are missed the high gun winner is determined then the remaining 4 shooters go in the hat to see who gets the green bird win. High gun ties are determined by drawing out of the hat as well. (we use a pill bottle) Cost is $5 per rd. We set up 2 traps for green bird, 1 trap for practice, and another for doubles or if someone wants to work with a new shooter.

Thanks for your question Kelly. Shoot well and often.

10. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Nice and windy today. Should make for some sporting targets tonite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.