1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

thumb hole stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

did browning ever make a thumb hole stock for the bt-99?

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

No. And the ones they made for the BT-100 have the pistol grip so far back that very few shooters find them comfortable over the long term - even with the tigger in the most rearward position.

-Gary

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I had a BT-99 Pigeon with a thumbhole stock. Although I did not buy gun new, I believe it was a Browning stock. Marc

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Boyds has a thumbhole stock for 870's, easily adapted to 1100s's and inexpensive.

HM

5. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

My BT-100 has a thumb hole stock and I have gotten used to it needed a little mole hair in th thumb hole but feels fine now. I think almost any gun can have a custom made thumb hole stock made for their gun. But I don't think it is a factory option for th BT-99.

6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I have a Boyds 870 thumbhole stock and I don't see how it would be easily adaptable to an 1100. Your thumb goes right where the recoil spring tube goes on an 1100. Mark

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I did a nice thumbhole for my BT-99 about 30 years ago. It was a Harry Lawson style. Too wide on the bridge...bit my face like hell....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.