1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Three year old shooter or negligent owner?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Seems to me that there are a number of problems with this "victim". First off, how did the three year old get the gun? Second the Glocks I have seen all had a fairly substantial trigger pull. I believe that was in response to police who shot themselves while reholstering with their finger on the trigger. Third, using his criteria, any double action revolver would be unsafe. What did police almost universally use before they adopted semi-autos?

Somehow I smell a guy that shot himself while reholstering in a shoulder or waistband holster as at least equally possible as a three year old shooting him with his own gun!

California court reinstates lawsuit against Glock

The Associated Press

A California appeals court has reinstated a now-retired paralyzed Los Angeles police officer's product liability lawsuit against gun manufacturer Glock.

Enrique Chavez was paralyzed from the waist down when his 3-year-old son accidentally shot him with his service pistol.

The lawsuit claims the .45-caliber Glock 21 pistol lacks adequate safeguards against accidental discharge.

The Glock has no grip safety, a device attached to the pistol grip that the shooter must deactivate before firing.

A Los Angeles judge dismissed the suit two years ago, saying a Police Department review of the gun's design found the Glock's advantages outweighed any inherent risks.

The San Francisco Chronicle reports ( http://bit.ly/NRKilg) the 2nd District Court of Appeals on Tuesday reinstated the suit, saying a jury could conclude that a grip safety strong enough to withstand a child's grasp would minimize the risk of accidental discharge.
  2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Ever try to wrestle a favorite toy or treat out of a 3 year old's grasp? They are plenty strong to crank off a Glock.

Dumb ass deserves to get shot for letting the kid have access to his gun. (if that's what really happened)
  3. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Enrique Chavez, nuff said.
  4. RemingtonReloader

RemingtonReloader TS Member

May 11, 2012
    Ditto, wolfram, been there, tried that... -Aaron Schneider
  5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

May 3, 2008
    Remember Plexico Buress? He shot himself, and ended up in prison!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.