1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Three hole targets at Cardinal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

My buddy has been setting targets for 15 years at many clubs.. He shot today at cardinal center and said targets were fast and wide. More like three hole targets.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

could be. it's allowed.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

They are just trying to make things interesting. HMB

4. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I am still at Ohio, and todays targets were not woosy targets at all.

99's in the caps and 2 100;s in the dbls.....

5. plux001

plux001 Member

I think it was more a matter of the setter, not the birds. I shot some really wild, hard right targets this past week at Cardinal.

Paul

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Shooters can break great scores on more angled targets. Just not all the time day in and out.

Hap

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Reasonable mind set. Right along the lines of Middletown and the old Missouri Fall Handicap formula when there used to be money in the game. I'm not sure it'll work but there have been enough people bitching about it that it's probably worth a try.

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

A lot lower scores this year than last year. Was it the targets? The weather?

9. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Under stand 3 hole targets was done to hold down ties and shoot offs.( Looks liked it worked )

10. FRO

FRO Member

Winds out of southwest Wed.and Thur.targets low and hard to the right.Fri.and Sat.winds out north west high targets left angles really high.Sun.winds back out the south flat targets.Target setter can only control the targets for 30 feet then the wind takes over.I was there from Wed.to.Sun.Great shoot dont know what they could have done better.

11. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I just walked out to bank 8 and looked at 4 Pat traps, and all had the #2 bar in them.They are cable strapped so it wouldn't be a easy change to a 3 hole bar....so wonder boys....think again...

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The cable restraints were placed on the traps to prevent ATA officials from demanding targets be set in the one hole!!

13. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

Excuse my ignorance but can someone explain to me what does this mean two hole three hole why its good or bad. I notice and had a tough time at cardinal this week with hard right targets and normally I am pretty good with the right handers. It seems this week 90% of my misses where at the 4 and 5 post.

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If you watched the grudge match shoot off with 3 hole targets, you would know the targets at Cardinal were not 3 hole.

Lots of south wind will make targets appear low and fast.

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

2 hole and 3 hole refer to the trap settings. It basically affects the angle of the targets. 3 hole targets have sharper angles than 2 hole targets.

16. ironhead

ironhead Member

I shot there Thursday,Saturday,and Sunday. The shoot was ran top notch. Couldn't been better.I have no complaints about the targets.

Mike

17. jimctrap

jimctrap Member

A wild right hander cost me a fifty

jim

18. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

sm AND ALL OTHER SHOOTER !!! Why are we worried about this ... The Targets were great!!! I won the B class non res and a brand new Shooter won non res Ladies Handicap .. with a 96 ... This place is top notch and there were many people in the shoot offs, ... they gave away many prizes ( larger Prizes) every night ... You can't ask for a nicer place to shoot!!! Look at the bird and shoot ... Just because PA uses a 2 hole target... Great Shoot and for me I will be back!!!

19. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

When a strong wind is blowing from the south west. your right angle birds will be sharp & low. Its not the setting of the targets,it has always been controlled by the strong winds. I shot 500 at the Cardinal this past week. The strong winds made for sharp,low right hand targets. It was a challenge for me and many other shooters.
    Clyde Doll

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It wasn't the hole it was the wind causing the effect on the rights. If you noticed the lefts sat up nice and pretty waiting to be shot.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.