1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Three High Exhibition Blanks - G

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

Wouldn't it be nice to go to Gordon's place to look at and fondle his wood all day?

Pat Ireland

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to wonder about you Pat..Hey Gordy...you didn't make the Montana State Shoot. What's up with that?

shoot well and have fun......Rickyd

3. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Not many guys will put a picture of their wood on here and put a price on it.

Thanks Gordy

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rick- Many have often wondered about me. All I was trying to say is that Gordy has some wonderful hard and fancy wood. I have looked at a lot of wood and I like his the best. Surely, you are not expecting something like a double entente from me? That would only happen with people who like to play with words.

Pat Ireland

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I've bought two blanks from Gordy so far, but have done nothing with them yet. Both are very hard and dense, and should take fine checkering well.

Gordy, John Bollinger was out at the club Wednesday night. It was the first time I've seen him there. For those of you not familiar with him he is probably the premier rifle maker in the country now, if not the world. One of his rifles sold at auction for $225,000 back in 1992. Check his website above. Anyway, I asked him where he got his wood, and he said most of it was English from California. Gordy, I told him about you, and left your web address on his answering machine when I got home. I can't afford his work, most likely, and I'm sure he is booked years ahead anyway, but I plan to take one of your blanks to his place to show him. Don't be surprised if you get a call from him one of these days.

Larry

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Gordy, I know you have told us in the past but how long does it take (roughly) for a green English blank to cure in your part of the country? Jeff

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Did some one say hard wood.

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Gordy- Your picture raised a question. I know that much good lumber can be harvested from a burn area. What about hardwood for gun stocks?

Pat Ireland

9. too fast

too fast TS Member

Gordon very interested in UT81 could you send me a picture of the blank together with the forend wood so I can get an idea what the set would look like.

Thanks Jim

P.S. do you take credit cards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.