1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by southjblue, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Is there a way you can turn a thread into an e-mail that can be sent out?
    Thanks---George@SJB

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Setter--I am trying but no presto---Can you give a little more detail---Thanks
    George

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Guys---I'm trying but no success---Help---

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Put the curser to the left of the start of the sentence and hold the left click down and move it to the right to the end of line, as all turns blue.....Now move the curser down as far as you want to copy as more lines turn blue.

When you have highlighted all you want to send let up on the left click and go to the top of screen and left click on edit. From the drop down left click on copy.

Now open your mail and where you would start your message left click there like you were going to type something.Now go back to the top and again click on edit but now click on paste. You should not see what was on TS.com.

Maybe this will help some. Ray

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Now if you want to sent all posts on that thread, go to edit and left click on select all and all should turn blue. Then go back and left click edit and this time from the drop down left click on copy. then as above open your mail and where you would type your message just left click in that place and then go left click on edit and from the drop down left click on paste. Ray

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Blue you could just click on " Email a link to this thread" Which is right under the text in any post in a thread.

That will open up a email and all you need do is tell who ever you are sending it to what the link is for all they need to do is click on the link in the email and it will take them to the thread you want them to see. BTW you can also email just one post of a thread.

Just click on "Email a link to this post" which again is just below the text in every post in the thread. Just click on it and the action will be the same as the last I described, Except it will send a link to just that post.

Bob Lawless

7. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Now if you want to send the whole page go to the top and left click on edit and from the drop down left click on select all.

Now go to the top left and click on file. From the drop down move your curser beside the left of send and it should turn blue. Now you will see another drop down to the right and move your curser on top of page by email and left click.

This will open your mail client. Now type in the email address were you want to send it to. Be sure and put something in the subject line so they will know what it is about and who sent it so they will open it. EX. "Email instructions from Ray..."

8. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Bob and x-trap---I am trying but still no presto---Wish we could talk on PMs so as not to clog up the net---George

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Blue you do as you wish without an email address for you I can't help. If I had one I might be able to put the link in an email and send to to you, then all you would need to do is forward the mail where ever you wish.

Of course everyone is more interested in secrecy than getting what they want done.

Bob Lawless

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Try the tutorial in the above link. Hope it helps.

Wayne

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Bob---Would you send me your email on PM and I will return mine---Thanks---
    George

12. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks to all---I am on my way---Just a few kinks left but I am trying---
    George@SJB---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.