1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread was deleted, how to find out why

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Guess there is a first time for everything. I had started a post entilted, "Unite Behind hussein,,,,NEVER". I had placed it in the political thread category. All the posts were deleted after a few days and several posts. According to the "Rules of the Discussion Web" in which I read this, "Additionally, by registering for this site, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-explicit, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in bad taste in an open public forum." I did not think that I violated this or any other parameters, so I am a little stupified. ( I know, some think I am there a lot)

I have never had a post or thread deleted before and was trying to find out what may have caused this, so if I did make a mistake, not to repeat it. Does anyone know how to contact David? I sent an email to help@trapshooters.com and have not heard anything, so if you know another way to contact David or the moderator, if they are a different person, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jim

2. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

It also says they have the right to delete posts or thread without warning or justification. Don't worry about it, it doesn't reflect on you, your character, and typically not on your conduct on the website. Not a big deal, it happens.
    -Trappy

3. bigdogtx

I have no problem with them doing it, I just don't to repeat a mistake, if I made one.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

From what I understand, it was not you or your original post, but some other response to it. You're fine - no worry.

Whiz

5. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

As I recall from the thread, you weren't involved in the later posts, which would have been the problem, so don't sweat it.
    -Trappy

6. bigdogtx

thanks. I value this site and the fine conversations we get into and just didn't want to jeopardize my standing. Jim

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Jim, One of the Moderators or David would send you a warning. Bill Malcolm

8. bocephus

bocephus Member

Trappy probably had it deleted so he wouldn't have to answer the question directed to him.......

9. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

bocephus, that's right. Since I have huge support from the moderation staff on this website :p
    -Trappy

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Someone made a racist remark.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A whole thread was deleted because of an improper post?

I don't understand.............

HM

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Best way to find out is PM "David"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.