1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts/ opinions on Caesar Guerini Summit Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wilson CQB, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilson CQB

Wilson CQB TS Member

I am thinking of purchasing a Caesar Guerini Summit Trap combo. I am not very familiar with these shotguns so I am looking for some thoughts/ opinions on them. How is their quality, customer service, resale value, fit & finish, etc.

Thank you.

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

I love mine it is a top single 34/32 combo, fit and finish is exceptional, customer service is outstanding (in fact I think the best in the US), retained value is compariable with most other Trapguns on the market except maybe the Silver Seitz. I have no intention of letting mine go anytime in the immediate future so resale is a who cares. I have had Kolars, Krieghoffs, Perazzis, Berettas, Remingtons, Winchesters and Brownings and they are gone and my Caesar Guerini is still here. Nuff said.

--- Chip King ---

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

4. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I'm with ChipKing. One you shoot one you will keep it. I have a Summit unsingle combo and resale dosn't enter my mine.

5. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

Two years ago, one of our local gun dealers bought several Guerini's to the local trap club. I shot the 34" trap unsingle and hit a dismal 3 of 25. In spite of that lousy round, the other factors sold me on the Guerini Trap Unsingle. It felt lighter yet swung just right, had significantly less recoil than my Beretta 687 JE Trap Special, mounted consistantly with no cheek slap, and the heads up style due to the higher rib was a noticiable and appreciated difference. So I bought one.

Then I bought an Unsingle combo, then a 12 GA sporting, and recently a 28GA Magnus sporting. The 687 JE combo is for sale...

At one time it was noticiable that I had one, now I am one of perhaps 25 -30...and all the fellas love their CGs. TMK, there was only one instance at our club where the CG just did not fit the guy, and he sold it quickly for about 90% of the retail price he paid.

6. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I got mine April, 2009. 30k shells, absolutely zero problems. At CG now for first free pit stop service. I think it's a great gun.

Dave Eberhart

7. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

own two of them and they are truly a great gun, I have no desire to own anything else!!

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

The only issue I have heard of is if you need a release trigger. One of my buddies had to send his in three times to have it looked at. He had an early model (3-4 years ago) and this may have been resolved now.

The warranty is "useless" if the gun malfunctions during a shoot. If you intend to shoot a release it would bear getting feedback.

Nice looking guns and appear to be a good value otherwise.

Don Verna

9. chipking

chipking TS Member

I've been shooting the factory release/release in mine for a little over 16 months with no problems at all. What were the problems that your pal had with his?

--- Chip King ---

10. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

My daughter shoots a perazzi.. IMO it doesnt hold a candle to my CG unsingle.. I love mine, I spent a year looking at thousands of guns and reading every single word I could about the CG's before I settled on it...you wont be disappointed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.