1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

thoughts on this gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hdbrs, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=330657258

hope this link works. would like to try shooting an unsingle for awhile before going for broke on an expensive combo. i searched 101s on this site and missed a few nice ones. figured i go for an unsingle and if i didn't like it i could just keep it for a backup or sell and lose a little bit. don't want to spend thousands on a gun until i am sure exactly what i want.

2. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

Link didn't work. sorry

3. Shawn

Shawn Member

4. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

Thanks. My amateur computer skill threads.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Just buy a used MX15 and you will be ahead fo the game and love the gun

6. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

I just don't want to spend 4 gs on an unsingle gun i may very well hate. i want to shoot one for at least a yr to really make up my mind.

7. andybull

andybull Active Member

The cocking lever is showing there's wear on the locking lugs. It might have been shot a lot

8. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

Is that always a bad thing in your opinion being shot alot. even if it was well taken care of or is that just leading to a greater chance of something breaking?

9. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Agree with MIA - additionally if you don't like it you will have a better chance of re-selling the Perazzi than you would the Win 101.

10. andybull

andybull Active Member

Perazzi makes oversize parts in order to fix a worn out gun, plus the resale will be much better. IMHO, that Winchester is over 75% shot out.

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

At that price look for a BT plus. I had a Diamond grade 101. As I recall it kiched hard and was kind of heavy, didn't swing well. Bulge.

12. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

they kick like a mule--and i have never seen anyone shoot one very well in recent years!! and the comment above about resale is right on!!

13. johnboy

johnboy Member

Sound advice from MIA and DB Bill.

14. jhoward

jhoward Member

For about the same money you should be able to find an SKB 85TSS unsingle, which has an adjustable rib. SKB's also kick me less than the 101's I've had.

15. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

Ok thanks guys, replies appreciated. i just started last year and shoot an skb o/u but it is a field gun and it destroys my shoulder and worse my cheek. anyway i really like the etchen 687 but b4 i buy one and realize i don't like the unsingle i figured the 101 would be just a nice gun i could get for not huge money.and after a year of shooting it i could just throw in the safe as a backup or lose maybe 3 hundred bucks and make a quick sell or trade it in on a 687. im never gonna be a serious ata shooter i don't think. im a club league shooter who likes to shoot 50 then shoot the bs over a few beers. i want a nice trap gun eventually as a heirloom down the road more so than to get to any yard lines. which i don't even know what that means, haha.

16. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

Ok thanks guys, replies appreciated. i just started last year and shoot an skb o/u but it is a field gun and it destroys my shoulder and worse my cheek. anyway i really like the etchen 687 but b4 i buy one and realize i don't like the unsingle i figured the 101 would be just a nice gun i could get for not huge money.and after a year of shooting it i could just throw in the safe as a backup or lose maybe 3 hundred bucks and make a quick sell or trade it in on a 687. im never gonna be a serious ata shooter i don't think. im a club league shooter who likes to shoot 50 then shoot the bs over a few beers. i want a nice trap gun eventually as a heirloom down the road more so than to get to any yard lines. which i don't even know what that means, haha.

17. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

Sorry for the double post. on my phone taking my lunch break.

18. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Let me comment again. Y9ou will go nowhere with the 101 and prob leave trapshooting because of the recoil.

Next step up would be a $1200 to $1500 Beretta 680 from about 1990. Year 1990. Lot of those guns sitting round not being shot these days.

Advertise for on on TS.com WTB section

19. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

MIA, you have an opinion, but I have one that is opposite, I have shot a 101 the last 2.5 years and O/U and an unsingle, this combo got me to the back fence, with averages 96.25 singles 90 caps and 92 doubles, this past winter I moved to an MX10 top single combo, but the fact remains, these 101 fit some people rather well, I am 5' 9" 185 # and my wife is 5'4" 120# and she has the same combo and shoots it well. I sold my O/U and but still have the un-single because I could not keep a release trigger in the gun, pull trigger wise they are great, release well thats another problem. Any 101 I have owned I have been able to sell and get the same amount of money I spent on them. Scott

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It's not a very desirable gun at anywhere near the asking price. You'll take a bigger bath on it if it doesn't work for you than buying a good MX15 at $4g's. The MX15 holds it's value very well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.