1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the direction of this country

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ShotgunTraveler, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShotgunTraveler

ShotgunTraveler TS Member

These quotes by Abraham Lincoln were passed along to me by my father. Keep this in mind as you go to the polls or swear your allegiance to any political candidate. When you hear democratic candidates making outrageous statements about helping the lower classes and eliminating the upper classes, think of these quotes. When you hear the supporters of democratic candidates, seeming down on their luck, asking what their country’s government is going to do for them, remember these quotes and realize that our country’s government has already done too much for them and babied them along for too long.

A few wise words during this political season

-“You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.”
    -“You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.”
    -“You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.”
    -“You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.”
    -“You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.”
    -“You cannot build character and courage by taking away men’s initiative and independence.”
    -“You cannot help men permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.”

Abraham Lincoln

If one man was able to see this over 150 years ago, how is an entire civilized nation allowing the wool to be pulled over its eyes?

The policies and agendas being laid forward by the democratic frontrunners resemble the starting of communism as it happened in countries around the world in the past. History does repeat itself and let’s try to learn from the mistakes of these other nations. In the words of Winston Churchill, “Capitalism is the unequal distribution of wealth, but Communism is the equal distribution of misery.”

If anyone reading this wants to go to battle and fight for the honor of our great nation and the individuals that gave their mind, body, and soul to create and protect it, let me know because I will proudly stand beside you on the front lines.

2. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Agreed and agreed! The parallel between the US and Rome's fall, taxation %, loss of personal dignity and morals, makes you wonder how long we can hold on.
    I had a brilliant high school teacher about 40 years ago that told us that "Bad politicians are elected by good people who do not vote" How very true today. I am terrified ath for the first time in my life we will see a President elected by people who do not contribute anything to the bottom line of the Great Country.

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

As it says in the Holy Bible (paraphrased) "Those who will not work will not eat." I am truely concerned for this country.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

If you watched the senate's dog and pony show today of the grilling of petroleum industry leaders you witnessed the arrogance and demagoguery of the Democratic Party in action. The hypocrisy was overwhelming. How revolting! These hyenas need to be shown the door...and most Republicans along with them.

Buz

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    When is Boston Tea Party II?

6. jalu

jalu Member

Our country is being systematically,deliberately and intensionally dissasembled while the majority of the American citizens just sits back and watches.
    Will we, or better yet, can we, stop it and then reverse it?

7. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

this country is in a two wheel wagon going down a steep hill with no brakes. It will crash at the bottom. All because the chock blocks were removed.

8. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Count this angry, white male amongst those willing to take a stand for WHATEVER action is necessary to reverse the downward spiral of a once (YES, ONCE) great nation.

I've seen many nay-sayers here ; those who refuse to either see or acknowledge the degredation. To simply stand upon adages like "we are still the best country in the world", and "we have prospered in the past and will do so again", OR "the sky is not falling" is the purest form of naiveness and utter ignorance to the happenings around them.

We ARE in some deep $hit in America. The saddest fact is that the people no longer have the power to overthrow a corrupt government. Voting all of the politicians out of office will merely create an entirley new cast. And -- a forceful operation would most certainly be met with "street sweeping" by the military or National Guard, until the survivors would be forced to surrender.

I pray for my children and THEIR children. We have not seen the worst yet.....

9. chuckles

chuckles Member

America is witnessing the lowering of "Our Standard of Living" (Globalization) and the changing of "Our Way of Life" (lowered standards, morals, family) from what most of us, in the over 50 crowd, have lived...

We have been so busy living the good life that we have let our government become the corrupted, self serving, inept abuser that it is today.

Unfortunately there is no quick fix..think of a giant pendulem swinging 100 years in each direction and all the changes that encompasses....

Only continued Conservatisim can keep us from being swollowed by idealistic, dreamers of the Obama types....

Bottom line is "Its bad enough as it is, lets not make it worse"

Vote Republican....Its our only hope...

regards

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You all live in the best country in the world. We have almost everything our hearts could desire. We can do what we want, when we want to do it. We have the best of everything. We are truly the blessed one's in this world, and you still BITCH!!!!!!

Maybe, some of you should live in some of the rat holes of the world, then come back and tell us how bad life in the USA has become.

11. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

But what about the children?

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

This is an old one, but also still very current !

"This one is a little different.. Two Different Versions! Two Different Morals!

OLD VERSION: The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.

The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!

-------------------------------------------

MODERN VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green.'

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, 'We shall overcome.' Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

Nancy Pelosi & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.

Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill Clinton appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.
    The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be careful how you vote in 2008"

Hap

13. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I received an email from Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator, FL bragging how he just voted down a bill to drill off the coast of FL. I sent him an email:
    Senator Nelson,
    You recently sent me an email bragging how you have again beaten down the attempts to drill offshore in the Gulf. I believe this is shamefully shortsighted. The Chinese are drilling 75 miles offshore for Cuba. This oil will go into the global market and we will receive no benefit from it. You and the whole damn bunch of you shortsighted Pols should rexamine the needs of the people rather than the special interests that fill your campaign coffers. J. R. Mendoza

It is time for a clean sweep of the Congress. They have no reason to do what is right for the people when they retire with a 100% pension, plus cola's, and 100% medical coverage. They give (sarcastic give) us medicare, Social Security, and medicaid and then grant themselves a much better package that WE pay for. They also tell us to cut back instead of working to make our lives better while they ride around in private jets and Limos that we pay for. IT IS TIME FOR TERM LIMITS qand to vote all the bums that are there now OUT!!!>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.