1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the Dillon Shotgun Loader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoffman06, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

I have a chance to buy a Dillon Shotgun reloader with case feed system. Any input both pro or con would be appreciated.
    Carey

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I have the Dillon SL 900 and love it---George

3. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

I have two SL-900's, one for 12 gauge, the other for the subgauges. They are great machines.

Pat

4. quartering

quartering Active Member

great press. the biggest selling points are in its design features, economy of motion, ease of use and quickness. look at dillonaero's website. he makes compact miniguns for entities all around the world. he also makes a pretty decent shotshell reloader. good luck with it

5. Ogallala_1

Ogallala_1 Member

These are great loaders. I would caution you in that they are not the easiest loader to use and to adjust. Dillion has great customer service and if you decide on the SL900 read the owners manual.

John

6. APrice

APrice Active Member

Carey, I have one word for you...Spolar.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've been using a Dillon from the time they came out. One of mine has 100's of thousands of shells through it. Very few issues, and very easy to change powder or shot weights. Adjustment are a piece of cake with a great manual.

8. Zoom.Golly

Zoom.Golly Well-Known Member

Too expensive!

If you are reloading target ammo to save money you will have to be loading massive volumes of ammo the break even.

9. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

My first reloaded was a Dillon. Didn't take to long to send it down the road. Way to clunky for me. They have this flimsie rod hooked to this and that.
    There are several loaders that re good but none better than a Spolar. Far superior product compared to the others.
    Don't let the lifetime warranty have a big bearing on it because they all have good warranty service.
    They are all good ompanies to work with.

10. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Been loading with one for years. Love It! Their Customer Service is second to NONE. You call and the answer is on the other end of the phone. If parts are needed, their in the mail that day at no charge. I had mine sent back just to have it gone over because of the amount I reload. They sent me the paid shipping label, had it picked up at my door, taken care of & shipped back. Refurbished for $60.00 TOTAL. Comes back like it just came off the floor. Can't go wrong

11. furface

furface Member

Bought mine 2nd hand, they helped with any questions and parts and sent parts that they didn't have to. Probably ran 50-70K thru it and still the best thing I have been around. You can buy more high dollar loader but I wouldn't trade straight across for a spolar.

12. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Thanks guys, I don't think I can go wrong for $400 but will keep my MEC until I have the learning curve down.
    Carey

13. build4u

build4u Member

where is it located for $400.00 I have two and I will take it for $400.00 my friend comes and loads on mine as well. I will take it for him. Once you have a casefeeder you will never look back.

14. furface

furface Member

Jump on it for 400, you will find out how sweet it is to crank out 1 or 2 flats.
    Good luck

15. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

I just picked it up, the guy had 2 of them and a buddy bought the other. Looks like the basics are very much like my other Dillon rifle presses so should not have a lot of problems. Very impressed with the detail of everything and how smooth it works, now the fun begins.
    Carey

16. StevenZ

StevenZ Member

You might find this video helpful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND38ReGshy0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.