1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the Beretta DT10?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Crunch, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crunch

Crunch Active Member

I like the feel of the Beretta DT10. I'd like to learn more about how they function, and any strengths and weaknesses they have. Does anyone have experience with the Beretta DT10 they care to share? Crunch.

2. dsdickson

dsdickson Member

Hey Crunch. I don't have any war stories to share. I bought a DT-10 unsingle a year ago, and it hasn't even as much as hiccuped on me. I have close to 4k rounds through it. I hadn't shot trap in over 20 years; I ran the field on the 4th round out of it! It seems very easy and forgiving to shoot. Good effortless swing dynamics in my opinion; it just seem to move to the bird. As an aside, unfortunately, I did not get the combo and am now in the hunt for a doubles gun. Hope this was of some value to you.
    Derek

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I bought a used sporting version of the DT-10 about 5 months ago. I purchased just the over under in the deal, but since have purchased a unsingle barrel and an oversingle barrel. I shoot the oversingle much better than the unsingle, so I traded the unsingle barrel for some other goodies. I have had NO issues with the barrels I've purchased not fitting my receiver. Both of them clipped right on and nothing was loose or tight.

The only issue I have had with the gun so far was I broke a very small spring while shooting doubles and it stopped me dead in my tracks. The gun won't re-set with that spring broken. There wasn't any forgiveness or easy replacement. It took me a about 1/2 hour at home looking through the gun to find the culprit, and it was a sear spring that broke inside the trigger. I ordered two replacement springs from Midwest gun works and replaced the spring myself. (It was a mother to do so). So instead of being at the mercy of a tiny little sear spring again, I bought a spare trigger for it. So the next time it happens, I will pop out the broken trigger and pop in the new one and keep shooting.

But the best part is my doubles average has gone up about 10 birds since I started shooting it, and have worked my way out of D class into the C class. The more I get used to it, the better my scores are getting. My singles ATA average has increased and am currently shooting a 97.2 average. My handicap scores have leveled off at a 91 average from the 24 yard line and I'm very happy with the gun. And I can use the gun for trap or sporting clays. If you have a chance to buy one, DO IT!

Kevin

4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Very well msde gun. Durable but heavy.

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I like the gun and there are some sweet deals around for the top singles. However I prefer doing business with companies that have been around for quite a wile they have only been in business 500 years give them some time to establish themselves

6. Pre-64

Pre-64 Banned User Banned

How's the Customer Service? The Warranty?
    Are they responding quickly?

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

HELLO, LEO shoots one how bad can they be?

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

+1 for Bill Grill!! lol

9. JH

JH Well-Known Member

mac1,

Dunno what planet you are from, but, the DT 10 was NOTORIOUS for trigger issues at first....eventually, Beretta cleaned-up its act and the later versions had no trigger problems....the Zolis found a niche when the DT 10s were having trigger issues.....

The 682s are PROVEN in many years of competition, thank you very much. We will see how the DT 11 and the 692 pan out....

But, any INFORMED person KNOWS the 682 series are the best value for the buck....

10. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Yeah, what Bill Grill said....

DT10/Built like a tank, If I was not so cheap I would own one.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was in the market for a DT-10 a while ago, got many PM's from people telling me how good and how bad they were from personal experience ... I opted for a Perazzi Combo for a little more money ... I really like the looks of the DT-10/DT-11 but can live with the looks of the Perazzi ... If I could buy a DT-10 really cheap I would probably buy it any way ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

The DT 10 is light years ahead of the 682 series. Owned both. That said finding a super nice ASE would be at the top of my list if you like the DT.

13. bigbore613

bigbore613 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Get a cup full of sear springs and a spare trigger. Jeff

14. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I have shot a DT-10 for 11 yrs and probably close to 100K targets and have had one broken trigger spring and have never changed any others.Jerry

15. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

LOL at thinking the 682 is close to the DT-10 in any positive attribute other than cheaper! I've read that the DT-10L is made in the same part of the Beretta plant as the SO guns. From looking at mine, I can well believe it.
    [​IMG]

16. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

DT10 is a good, sturdy gun and nothing at all like the 680 series. That said, I'm with cbxchris's post.

17. JH

JH Well-Known Member

claybrdr,

Allow me to educate you.....not bad DT10L.......Larry (Friedman), Rich (Cole) and even Joel (Etchen) can get you even better wood.....

Rich (Cole) prefers the 680s when building his custom guns....Zolis build a niche when the DT 10s were having "issues"...the "issues" were corrected in the later models....the DT 11 is an upgrade, particularly the barrel technology (for Beretta)....

The DT 10 was a cheapened ASE 90 Gold which in turn was a cheapened ASE 90.....buy/shoot what you like...but, if you want to be come close to the SO Berettas....buy and old ASE90....

18. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

The guy I bought it from said it is Cole wood and Rich did the triggers for sub-gauge. Rich probably preferred 682s to customize since they were cheap, plentiful and fit the budget of more potential customers. They are a solid, dependable no-frills platform. How much more can you do to an SO platform to add value?

Would have bought several SO-5s in the past if they had come with 32" barrels in Sporting configuration. I know Joe Cantey at one time had one of only two SO-5 Sporters in the whole U.S. with 32" barrels. He found the other one and bought it and owned two for a time! Have seen a couple 32"s for sale in the last few years but most are with the short barrels. I believe the ASE90 barrels may fit the SO guns???

19. releasebob

releasebob Member

Bangalore anyone who owns one will tell you that you need to go back to school there is no comparison between the quality of a 682 and a dt-10 I'm guessing you have never had one and the trigger problems are Urban legend I've never heard of anyone who owns one bitch about the trigger,and believe it or not after thousanda of rounds sometimes springs just wear out happens to all guns even P and K guns.BOB

20. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Mine is 5 years old and has just over 80K down the pipes. I love it but have been shooting the auto-loaders and sub gauge guns more lately due to shoulder issues.

[​IMG]

DT on top....Beretta Family Foto

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 90 trap

beretta ase 90

beretta dt-10 good or bad