1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Perazzi MX-16

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Aussie Phil, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aussie Phil

Aussie Phil TS Member

Hi all

I was out at the Livermore range today, and tried out a few different guns that were F/S...

The Perazzi MX-2000 was a little heavy for me, but I found a Perazzi MX-16 that shot very well - after three rounds I was easily hitting all the targets from 16' and 20', without adjusting the comb.

Gun is an MX-16 top single, factory adjustable comb - very good condition, comes with 5 briley chokes. Only issue is a small "bend" on the top rib, but it's pretty hard to see. Includes a brand new Americase and some spare springs for the firing pin & trigger.

Owner is asking $4250, or $6250 with a set of O/U barrels - the barrels haven't been professionally fitted to the gun, so need some gunsmithing. Another important point is that the owner is a genuinely nice guy, and let me take my time trying out the gun, and put up with all my questions.

Only negative seems to be no drop out trigger, so a spring replacement would be a little more difficult...

Any thoughts?

2. Aussie Phil

Aussie Phil TS Member

Thanks for the reply

I know this is a dificult question, but does the $4250 seem in the right range for a gun in very good condition? I am new to the whole Perazzi pricing range so can't compare to an MX-14...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.